Is an open faced sandwich actually a sandwich?

Is this a sandwich?

• Of course it is, says so right in the name!
    32%(10)39%(24)Vote45%(14)
  • No, its a marketing ploy to save money on bread
    35%(11)34%(21)Vote32%(10)
  • Never heard of an open faced sandwich
    33%(10)27%(17)Vote23%(7)
lol, Ok folks... i dont know whats wrong with you people, but as is, that is clearly not a sandwich... Sandwich lovers across GaG need to unite and successfully declare this "not a sandwich"
well, clearly you people have no idea what a sandwich is @Ephemera1 got it right with the definition and all, @TheLuckyPizzaDog properly defined it as a pizza, flat base of bread with toppings

By imperial decree, i declare the poll invalid because the fucking russians were messing with it. An open faced sandwich is in fact a pizza and not a sandwich.

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• No, that's a roast beef pizza. Obvs.

• I completely agree... it is definitely not a sandwich, but qualifies as a pizza

• no one said it was good pizza... i dont know whats on it exactly... i know that ain't okra though, its just some random pic i pulled from the interwebs

• Lol. That beef looks good tho

Sponsored

What Guys Said 24

• Yes it can be a sandwich, but only if you fold the bread and make the meat fall between the bread. Because if the meat isn't between two pieces of bread, then it's not a sandwich. Just like if a pizza were closed, it's no longer a pizza, it's a Stromboli instead, or something like that.

• i didn't ask what it could be... you fold it in half and its still not a sandwich, its half a sandwich

• Lol, a half sandwich is till a sandwich. If you cut a spider in half, is it no longer a spider? It's still a spider, it's just been cut in half

• they didn't serve it to you that way... you had to modify a non sandwich into a sandwich... had they served it to you with bread on top and bottom folded in half then id agree,,,, but it didn't come that way so... its not a sandwich

• It's a halfwich

• It's like an Oreo cookie without 2 cookie biscuit parts. I don't see how you could call it an Oreo "sandwich cookie" with only half. So while the food item in your pic may well be tasty, it can't be a sandwich!

• I'm not sure about the actual definition of a sandwich, but if it's not two pieces together with stuff within, it's not a sandwich to me.

• Nope! It violates the very meaning of the word 'sandwich'.

• I think it is, but when served without a knife and fork it could leas to some swearing as you get dirty :o
    I looks dekicious though :D

• Bread is used, so I consider it a sandwich.

A bastardization of a sandwich (like a virgin that sucks dick and gets her pussy eaten), but is still a sandwich by definition.

• 1|0
  • It's called a deconstructed sandwich so they can charge you double for it 😂

• That's not even a correct term... in order to deconstruct something you have to construct it first...

• Its all a ploy!

• No. A restaurant wouldn't be able to successfully get away with a sandwich named food and it only have 1 piece of bread, instead of two. However, even though not a sandwich, would it be weird to eat like that, maybe. But not a bad idea to do so either. Its not unheard of. Especially when curly up the food, with 1 bread, like a taco

• Bagels and locks mmmmm

• no, its not a sandwich, whatever they advertise it as

• yes, if you bend it

• No, its just toast or bread with stuff on it.

• @Keifer A sandwich needs two pieces of bread. Would you say that spreading peanut butter on a piece of bread is a sandwich? No. If you put another piece of bread, it becomes a peanut butter sandwich. Other than that, its just bread with spread on it.

• > nonchalantly scrolling down, browsing peoples comments cuz this is serious business
      > come across your two comments
      > realize someone got deleted
      > for getting so mad about half a sandwich they said something that warrants deleting
      > lmfao
      > go to the doctor to get ass reattached.

• @TheLuckyPizzaDog They called me a retard lmao. I'm so petty I went on their page and down voted all their opinions lmao

• never heard of such a thing

• Whatever it is its good, so put in my belly please!

• ya as long as there's bread

• I guess a salad with croutons in it is a sandwich too then eh?

• @Keifer how does that not shut your argument down? that was a loaf of bread last time i checked

• I literally can't argue with you anymore; you're too dumb

• kissing lower lips are kissing or not?

• Only if a female makes it, then it becomed a sandwich

• Yep.

• Ban it.

• it's an unshaped taco.

• Definition of sandwich requires it between two things of bread. It's not a sandwich.

What Girls Said 14

• That there is a fucking liiiiiiiiiiiiiiie!

• It's stuff on top of bread, so I'd consider it a sandwich. I'm not sure what else to call it. As far as it being a marketing ploy, as long as it is advertised as an open faced sandwich we can't really complain.

• It bears no resemblance to pizza in terms of how it is prepared or how the ingredients are set up in relation to each other. I think it's actually much closer to a sandwich than it is to pizza or flatbread. I guess I'm a radical!

• You're a crazy person... the dark side is strong with this one.

• I would consider it so because theoretically, I could fold that one piece over.
    Never purchased an open face sandwich before though.

• No . that's why they call it open faced .
    bc it's not closed or topped with another slice of bread .
    another name for it is Tartine a french word meaning open faced sandwich .

Tartine is a bakery in San Francisco in the Mission District
    that specializes in this type of culinary incomplete sandwich assemblage,
    that etiquette dictates one has to eat with a knife and fork.

• @ Izumiblu Re Update . You are absolutely right . Calling it open faced sandwich is dumb .
      i mean how do we know the chef didn't flip it over and then removed the slice of bread .
      Would it be called an open ass sandwich? . Either way no sense . This is an injustice .
      We need a call to Action . Unite . A National Movement that makes sense for America .
      Call your Representatives . Demonstrate . March on Washington . We demand our rights .
      Rename the open faced sandwich NOW .

• omg... never thought of it that way, i may have just eaten and open assed sandwich. Never Again!!!

• No, a sandwich is two pieces of bread with a filling in between, and the bread is so that your fingers don't get messy from the filling. So no that isn't a true sandwich 👎🏼

• It's not because there's not another bread on top

• In Sweden it is! It's the only kind of sandwich to me lol

• yes it is

• nope nope

• we call it something like sandwich in slovak so I voted for yes (?)

• I'd call that on bread or on toast. Not a sandwich but I don't know.

• Voted C

• Not really

• Yes.