Is a hotdog a sandwich?

I just think this would be cool to hear about peoples opinions. I know its a hot dog and no one calls it a sandwich but i would think physically it is, its meat with topping between bread. Whats your opinion?

19

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm not sure, I think has it's own classification as a "Hot dog". You can call it "sausage sandwich" though.

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 8

• That's like saying a taco is sandwich. Or a burger is a sandwich. They technically are but we don't call them that. Think of it as the genus of sandwiches. Burgers are big fatty sandwiches, tacos are tasty, "Mexican" sandwiches, etc. Hotdogs are long dandwiches and can be a part of this family of sandwiches but no one will ever call it that even though all these things are technically sandwiches.

• It's a sausage frankfurter so no. At best it counts as a slice of a sandwich because it's only 160 calories. A small sandwich is 245-320

• I think you need a new hobby lol

• lol no, i just thought this would be a cool question to see what people think on it, my friend asked me this question earlier today so i though "why not?" it is a site where people ask questions soo.

• lol am just teasing you. no need for the defensive side. You are cool lol

• lol okay

• taco?

• Yeah

• Is consider as a burger according to the National Hot Dog and Sausage Council.

• Yes it is.

• yeah. i agree

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!