Is a hot dog a sandwich?

Something you can always ask to immediately start a debate. Debate amongst yourselfs I was reminded of this because of the open-faced sandwich question, whoever had it.

• Yes
  • No
  • I'm not sure
    Vote C
Select a gender to cast your vote:

87

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• Basically, a sandwich is a type of prepared food which has bread on both sides. The term comes from the Earl of Sandwich who hated giving breaks to eat something in the middle of his card games. By inventing the sandwich, he could eat with one hand and play cards with the other 😊

• But is it not between a slit of two slices of bread?

• Yes, but the only reason of hotdogs being like that is because of the shape of its main ingredient. The sausage would roll off on the first bite if they were made like sandwiches. Sausages tend to roll while flat and mushy contents just stay in the sandwich as they are placed

• That sounds more like an argument for what I'm saying than you. It's between the slits because it'd roll off otherwise.

What Girls Said 7

• I usually call it" hot dog in a bun" lol

If I was putting a hot dog in between two slices of bread... I'd call it a hot dog sandwich lol

• Technically yes lol

• It's from the family, but not a sandwich.

It's like comparing a gorilla with an orangutan, both are primates, and monkeys, but not the same species

• No, cause the open part faces up in a hot dog. In a sand which its either open on both sides or its eaten with the open side facing left or right

• But the official definition requires it between two bread, and technically, it's between a slit of 2 bread. (And it's meat between the bread.)

• Lol
    Noo
    I never saw it as sandwich

• If a sub is considered a sandwich I suppose a hot dog is also a sandwich.

• Yes, it is. It's bread with stuff in it so it's classified as a sandwich.

What Guys Said 6

• No, and neither is a hamburger and I wish places like McDonald's would stop calling them that! A sandwich is lunch meat between two regular slices of bread!

• A hamburger actually is a sandwich... like no debate, it is lunch meat between tow regular slices of bread.

• Not, I am sorry, there is actually no debate about it. A hamburger is not a sandwich. You are wrong. Get over it.

• @truthbeknown
      LMAO No a hamburger is a sandwich, can't believe I missed this.
      Saying I'm wrong doesn't make me wrong. Facts are on my side.

• taco?

• The NHDSC says it's not a sandwich

• The NHDSC is the highest council in the world, it's power comes before all

• I'd never eat a puppy

• don't ask questions that you don't want the answer to

• It should not be considered one. Sandwiches use BREAD not a bun.