Is a hot dog a sandwich?

Something you can always ask to immediately start a debate. Debate amongst yourselfs I was reminded of this because of the open-faced sandwich question, whoever had it.

• Yes
  • No
  • I'm not sure
    Vote C

0/2500

Send It!
Sponsored

What Girls Said 8

• No it's not, at least European hot dog is not a sandwich because it's not between two slits of bread: upload.wikimedia.org/.../...rek_v_rohl%C3%ADku.jpg

As you can see, our hot dogs are in a rolled pastry.

• 7d

But it is incased by bread on both sides.
      But touche, I think.

• 6d

It's encased in a bun, from all sides, not just from two sides (unlike the sandwich) ;)

• I usually call it" hot dog in a bun" lol

If I was putting a hot dog in between two slices of bread... I'd call it a hot dog sandwich lol

• Technically yes lol

• It's from the family, but not a sandwich.

It's like comparing a gorilla with an orangutan, both are primates, and monkeys, but not the same species

• No, cause the open part faces up in a hot dog. In a sand which its either open on both sides or its eaten with the open side facing left or right

• But the official definition requires it between two bread, and technically, it's between a slit of 2 bread. (And it's meat between the bread.)

• Lol
    Noo
    I never saw it as sandwich

• If a sub is considered a sandwich I suppose a hot dog is also a sandwich.

• Yes, it is. It's bread with stuff in it so it's classified as a sandwich.

What Guys Said 7

• No, and neither is a hamburger and I wish places like McDonald's would stop calling them that! A sandwich is lunch meat between two regular slices of bread!

• 7d

A hamburger actually is a sandwich... like no debate, it is lunch meat between tow regular slices of bread.

• 6d

Well no, because that doesn't tell anyone what it is you're serving. You'd need to be more specific.
      You'd say a hamburger, because it's a hamburger. Technically it is a hamburger sandwich, because the hamburger itself is just the meat but everyone shortens it to hamburger because nobody ever eats just the hamburger typically.
      Like it is a sandwich, I'm sorry there's no debate on that. Hot dogs, sure whatever. Hamburger, it's lunch meat between 2 regular slices of bread. That's literally what you said a sandwich is.

• 6d

Not, I am sorry, there is actually no debate about it. A hamburger is not a sandwich. You are wrong. Get over it.

• Basically, a sandwich is a type of prepared food which has bread on both sides. The term comes from the Earl of Sandwich who hated giving breaks to eat something in the middle of his card games. By inventing the sandwich, he could eat with one hand and play cards with the other 😊

• 7d

But is it not between a slit of two slices of bread?

• 7d

Yes, but the only reason of hotdogs being like that is because of the shape of its main ingredient. The sausage would roll off on the first bite if they were made like sandwiches. Sausages tend to roll while flat and mushy contents just stay in the sandwich as they are placed

• 7d

That sounds more like an argument for what I'm saying than you. It's between the slits because it'd roll off otherwise.

• taco?

• don't ask questions that you don't want the answer to

• I'd never eat a puppy

• The NHDSC says it's not a sandwich

• The NHDSC is the highest council in the world, it's power comes before all

• It should not be considered one. Sandwiches use BREAD not a bun.