Anyone have Good Vegetarian Recipes?

I only eat free range meat which is expensive and hard to come by, so I am scouting for good, preferably quick recipes I can eat that will give me energy!

Not here to shove my ideals down your throat, just want some good recipes if possible. Thanks!

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• Here's one of my favourite vegetarian recipes. I make it almost weekly. It's healthy and easy. The first time making it will take a bit, it usually takes me about 20 mins. Very simple, yet delightful dinner or lunch.

It's creamy mushroom spinach pasta

You need:
    spinach fetuccini (can use brown rice, whole wheat pasta, anything you like)
    1 bag of white mushrooms (about 6-8 whole ones)
    2 larger protabello mushrooms (these add a very nice flavour)
    1 lg white onion
    2 garlic cloves
    1 tablespoon flour
    2 tablespoons butter / margarine
    1 and 1/4 cup soy milk

1) Begin to boil water for pasta on med. heat.
    2) hile that's going fry up your mushrooms, onion and chop up the garlic. Cook over med. heat until it's browned slightly (onions will take the longest)
    - then set aside.

3) In another pan (I use a pot for this one) add the butter / margerine, and melt it over a low heat. Once melted put the TBSP of flour into the pot, and stir. Let everything combine well (until flour is gone) and add the milk in gradually. Stir until the mix is smooth and continue cooking over low heat.

(pasta water should be boiled, so throw it in!)

This sauce will thicken fast once it gets heated, so keep stirring and keep an eye on it. I prefer to turn mine down to a low / med low heat (I use #3) on the burner so i am sure i won't spoil the sauce.
    4) Once it begins to thicken, add the fried mushrooms, garlic and onion from the other pan, mixing it well together. Leave set on heat but turn the burner off. Just to keep it warm.

5) Drain your pasta and place back into the hot pot it was cooked in. Add this creamy mushroom sauce over top and let it combine well. The noodles will absorb it, so leave it sit maybe 2 mins or so.

Serve, top with some black pepper and enjoy!

- can also add croutons for an extra crunch
    - can also add other veggies (i really like kale, and peas, chickpeas or even white beans work well- also adds extra fibre and protein)

0/2500

Send It!

What Guys Said 15

• Roasted vegetables are one of my favourites. Grab some peppers, zucchini or eggplant, mushrooms and roast them in the oven. Stuff them into pita breads with olives, feta cheese and hummus/tzatziki.

Or do a taco salad without the meat. Lettuce/spinach, tomato, Monterey Jack cheese grated, nachos smashed up and diced avocado.

• lol no offense but I was half expecting you to lose it based on your user name XD THank you I should roast some vegetables, that's a good idea. And I love avocado so much. Thanks!

• quinoa, broccoli, olive oil, black beans, spinach and kale.

• Give buckwheat a try with stir veggies.
    (Buckwheat's a grain-like seed, fiber rich, complete and a good amount of protein, iron, magnesium, & so on. Super healthy food.)
    Pretty cheap too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlCzi1eE7O0

• Best vegan recipe I have found...

First peel carrots, put in preheated oven at 325 in a shallow pan

Then peel and put potatoes in a out of boiling water on the stove.

Next kill a rabbit by strangulation and skin it as to prepare it for the grill. 425 on the grill untill internal temp is above 190. Then baste it with the tears of your pussy ass vegan "friends"

• I'm not vegan. I even put in the description that I eat meat. Lawd you must have no life xD

• *so aggressive

• Try mash tomato, potato or fried eggplant rings mixed with spices and ginger Pastes
    You can try to cook pulse using pressure cooker... Be careful using it though.. It should take ten min only
    You can make curry with cut tomatoes, eggplants , potato and cauliflower
    You can all recipes on YouTube

by the way can you please answer a question in my profile thanks !!

• To cook a good meal with vegetables, you should choose Chinese food (not "American" Chinese food).

• I do eat a lot of Asian food these days lol

• Yep. There are no cheese in Chinese food. Instead, we have Tofu. (That's why Asians are not that obese). We often have some those kinds of dishes made out of only vegetables. We have every way to add flavors (not only salt and pepperοΌ‰

• Yeah I really like Asian cuisine. I eat a lot of pho and other soups. I make stir fry too. Thanks for the tip!

• 0|0
  • Yes: try the McSalad which comes with your choice of chicken.

• I don't know any.

• Mozzarella sticks, fries, and potato wedges

• yes, loads of them!

• If so, help a sister out!

• Damn sis you're being a pain πŸ˜› jp..
      Well what kinds of things do you prefer not to eat? That will help narrow down my hundreds of recipes

• I like soups and I like food that still has a good about of protein. I get hungrier when all I eat is a salad -___-

• Steamed broccoli and cheese πŸ™πŸ‘β˜πŸ‘ŒπŸ’ͺβœŒπŸ™ŒπŸ˜©

• Beef

• how dare u not ask the chef? hello chef here

What Girls Said 10

• I like to make meatless shepard's pie (pollo vegetarian here). I cook up some frozen veggies, potatoes, sautee onions and put the onions in a shepard's pie gravy (bought in a packet). I whip the potatoes and put some seasoning in them. Then I do half the veggies on the bottom, half the potatoes on top of them, all the onions and gravy on top of that, then I do the rest of the veggies, and on top the rest of the potatoes. Set the over to 350 put it in for 15 min. Shred some cheese, sprinkle on top after 15min and then put it back in for 5min so the cheese can melt. Delicious.

• I have a few favourite recipes that are vegetarian or can easily be made vegeteratian.

minimalistbaker.com/.../#_a5y_p=1531167 - coconut curry

www.gimmesomeoven.com/moroccan-chickpea-soup/

Pizza

Chilli con carne but replace the mince meat with canned lentils

Sweet potato soup

• Anything without meat.

• bean salad - chickpeas (buy the dried ones, not canned and follow package directions), red onion, carrot, tomato, (finely chopped), cilantro, olive oil, spice

you can omit or add your own vegetables, but this is the combo i go with
    it's filling and when my friend was getting dizzy spells from anemia eating it helped her recover

• This is actually a vegan recipe but you could probably put dairy in it if you wanted!
    Fry onions and garlic, add soy milk to the same pan, add half a veggie stock cube, cayenne pepper and pasta (into the same pot, you only use one pot for this) and cook until the pasta is ready, then if the sauce is thin keep it on the heat and stir occasionally, if it's too thick add water! And some nutrional yeast if you want a "cheesy" taste or you could just add cheese :-) takes about 20 mins which is quick in my books.

• That's quick to me too. I eat vegan too doesn't matter to me. Thanks that sounds great!

• 0|0
  • try making cooked nachos without meat - the benefit is you can add or subtract at will

• I can share you some later, need to find the cookbook my SO gave me.

• I like Vegetarian Times magazine.

• 0|0