Better Looking friends get all the attention.. Need advice.

I am not jealous on my friends but it seems that they always put me in some kind of shadow. When we go out, guys only talk to them and few times when they actually talked to me they asked for their phone number. I don't think I am bad looking but I think I am just not pretty like they are. Few years ago I discovered that I have BDD (Body Dysmorphic Disorder) and situations when I am in their shadow make me feel even worse..

I am almost 22 old and I never have been out on a date (not even kissed before) which makes me think that I will never be good or pretty enough. Many male friends told me that I am great person (very artistic and laid back, have good style) but those guys know my personality very well, but I am afraid no one guy can see personality "shine out" before approaching a girl.

I just want to hear some advice? Nothing else...

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 1

Be the first girl to share opinion!

Earn 1 extra Xper Point for being the first!!

• Have you ever considered going alone? Some guys think girls are more approachable when they are alone instead of in a group and of course that takes your friends out of the equation. Of course if you still want to hang out with your friends, have you considered trying to be more aggressive there? I mean being engaging is a good way to attract attention to you.

• Thanks.. I will see what can I do :)

• Sticking with any virtue in this world is bound to be hard at sometime or another. But I was more talking about maybe going to bars or clubs alone, since a lot of people go out there to have some fun and search for company. But if that isn't your thing then why not try a class of something you are interested in? Those are usually a great way of meeting people and you'll either make more friends or you might find people interest in romance there, who knows? I advice you to tough it out, I do too.

• Going out alone? I have been few times alone to few punk gigs (I work in music industry) and yeah, I had chance to talk with one guy or another but as soon as one of my friends joined, it looked like I was pushed out of the picture. I am trying to be patient, but sometimes it's just hard..