Does his ex want him back?

A longterm guy friend of mine (friends for 9+ years) and a girl friend (about 4 years) of mine dated for about a year. She recently broke up with him as she developed feeling for someone else who she is now dating. He was pretty distraught and for about a month or so after I helped him through it all. Basically just hanging out and distracting him and keeping his mind off her. (as he had done for me several times before when I was heartbroken). He has been pretty great not putting me in the middle of things ie: not asking questions about her or her new boyfriend, not bitching about her etc. as he knows we are friends and doesn't want to put me in the middle.

Him and I have been getting pretty close lately, hanging out a lot, texting daily, flirting etc. There has always been someone between us but until now we have never been single at the same time so have never pursued anything. There's just always been tension between us really. Even now you can tell we both are trying hard to push any feelings aside and remain just friends, in fear of ruining our friendship and because he is my friends ex. But it's getting harder to keep things platonic as we see each other more and get closer emotionally. Having said that I'm not sure if I'd ever pursue something more.

The thing is when I hang out with his ex. She's apart of my major girl group so I see her quiet regularly, she always seems to pry me for information about him. Which I don't give. She recently revealed that he blocked her on Facebook and keeps denying her requests to be friends on the site. She seemed genuinely sad that he won't answer her texts and seems to miss him etc.

When they broke up he told her that he doesn't want to be friends with her at all as it's too hard for him, despite her insisting.

So what I am asking is why is she trying so hard to reconnect? Does she want him back or is she just upset that he seems to be getting over her?

He was in love with her so I think he would probably take her back if she tried hard enough but seeing how she's still with this other guy I doubt that what she wants or does she?

Any insight?

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

What Girls Said 1

What Guys Said 1

• Trying to hook up with your friends ex is a sin. Honestly, he just got dumped which makes you a rebound. You have been friends for nine years and if nothing has happened there's a reason why. He never put you first. Sorry if this isn't what you want to hear...and yes your friend still has feelings for him.

• This is very common and another reason people divorce for the wrong reasons, they should just stay together I mean stay married no matter what