Does she like me?

I am shy and there is this girl I really like. She always catches me staring at her and often smiles. Does she know I like her or does she think I am weird? Does she like me?

I don't know if she likes me or is trying to be polite.

Most Helpful Girl

• A word of advice here. If you are shy, you aren't going to stand much of a chance. It's just a fact. And if you give it any thought, why should a girl living on a planet with 6 billion other people be expected to wait around for you to muster up the courage to say something when someone else can just walk right up to her and do it? You have to work on your confidence. Women aren't psychic, there's no way she's going to know if you like her if you don't show her or tell her. If you are thinking she might think you are weird, then you are overthinking the situation. Instead of doubting yourself and guessing what she thinks (which, by the way, IS weird), go right up to her and find out. You can pay her a compliment next time you see her to plant the idea in her mind that you are interested in her in some way. Be confident when you say it, say something about what she's wearing or something about the way she looks or something about her personality you like. Something positive, naturally. Then go about your day like nothing happened and see how she feels about it. Just don't procrastinate, the early bird gets the worm. You have nothing to lose. The worse that can happen is she doesn't feel the same way, and if that's the case it's better to know sooner so you can find someone else. It's not the end of the world, you have 6 billion options too no matter what happens, so it's good news all around.

What Girls Said 24

• Every girl like attention. But not the stalker type- so if you don't talk to her soon, its gonna be weird. I think she knows though.

• She probably knows that you like her, and if she smiles back then there's a good chace that she likes you too- I say, approach her, say 'Hi' start a conversation and see what happens. xxxxx

• I can guarantee you that she at least knows that you like her. If she's smiling back, then there is a chance she feels the same way. If I guy I had no interest in was staring at me, I'd be creeped out and probably make a disgusted face at him, but if I liked the guy, I'd smile back.

• girls don't smile at guys who are weird... and that never changes...

• well I know a guy that does that to me stares a lot I smile at him like she does to you, I really like him and would love for him to approach me but the problem is because he only kind of stares at times and sometimes doesn't even look at me, In my eye's I think he may like me but if he does not enough to want to do anything about it or date me hope this helps :)

More from Girls
19

What Guys Said 5

• She probably thinks you're cute. If she didn't like you, she wouldn't be smiling back at you. Go ahead and approach her and say hi. If you share the same lunch period, sit down and talk with her. Don't let your shyness get in your way, okay :)

• She likes you and wishes you would SAY SOMETHING. I think she posted here a couple of days ago. No, but really, if she is smiling back, she is inviting you to be brave enough to come talk. Do it.

Good Luck,

James

• That sounds like she may know you like her and she probably does like you. id make a move! set lazers to stun =] good luck!

• She Likes You! Apparently When She Catches You Staring she is trying to hold the stare DONT BE THE ONE THAT TURNS AWAY FIRST... GO FOR IT!

• umm I would think she probably know that you are intrested in her..if I were you I would go up to her and talk to her ask her how she is doin? depending on her reactions to that if she laughs or giggles that means she really not intrested if she smiles or laughs and sasy good then ask her on a date. GOODLUCK!