Would you prefer to live alone while in a relationship or with your partner?

Lets say you have a partner and you have to choose right now
I'd rather live alone because i'm so used to having my own place and not sharing it with someone.
Would you prefer to live alone while in a relationship or with your partner?Would you prefer to live alone while in a relationship or with your partner?

6753

Most Helpful Girl

• I feel the same sometimes but not enough that I don't want to move in with my SO asap. It'll just be so much nicer to be able to cuddle, and have sex when we want, and just hang out. We message each other all the time but sometimes it would be nice to just be together in companionable silence, you know, knowing we're sharing that time together and are there to talk to if we want, but just chilled out not having to talk to confirm we're there. Also it'd just be so much more practical; we'd save on travel and rent, and food because it's much easier to make meals for two than one. Plus, my SO promised we could get cats when we move in together haha (my current landlord doesn't allow pets)

Most Helpful Guy

• With them! A year and a half of missing them all week, long drives from their place to mine (or vice versa), having to find a place to park, having to say goodbye... we soon extended the weekend to include Sunday night to have more time together.

Enough was enough, we got a place together and are now very happy! Good morning and good night together each day!

What Girls Said 66

• I like living with my boyfriend, but if we had other options I wish we had more time apart in separate living spaces. Not that I at all regret my decision to move in with him, things just sort of happened really fast and we became like an old married couple too quick. Lol.

• I alluded to this without having experienced it myself lol.

• Yah... Play around with different schedules. Because you're right, me-time is a must.

• I tried to do that but he said it wasn't enough time together. I thought 3x per week with him was adequate but maybe I just wasn't into him as much. probably if I'm really into someone then I'd want to spend more time or move in together. who knows.. it's over now because I wanted too much of my own space.

• Alone but have them stay some nights and stay at theirs some nights. Not really cost efficient but I need my space.

• I love living with my boyfriend. But I wouldn't want to live with a partner until I had been in a relationship with them for at least a year.

• I like living with my SO, but there are times I wish I didn't. It all depends on how well you communicate.

• Possibly live alone, but constantly see my boyfriend. Well, moderately see my boyfriend. I like my alone time.

• Living together. Granted that i am in a long term relationship with that person. I'd be living alone if 1. it wasn't serious, 2. still a dating phase and it's not exclusive

• sometimes u need to be alone and not creepy and keep the essence of meeting on regular basis as always to avoid either of the person getting irritated is simply how one must manage to keep the relationship going on to be long term.

or don't be alone and go explore the world together.
    don't do same things again n again otherwise boring tasks with affect the relationship and it will result to be essence - less.

• alone. i think tim burton and helena bonham carter have the best set up. adjoining domiciles. i need to be left alone sometimes.

• Right now I am single and I have gotten use to having my own space, thinking and acting independently but somewhere down the line I would like to share my life with someone, to have someone to love and just enjoy life with.

• I thought the same til I found the right partner. Now I can't imagine still living apart... our lives are so intertwined and home feels less like home when he isn't there.

• I'd rather live with my partner. If I love him and want to be with him forever, I want to also live with him.

• No, I've loved living with him.

• With :)

• Well if you are planning to have a family with your partner then you should live WITH them.. however spending time with them for too long might make you sick of each other and would need some distance from each other. And to avoid that is if you go out alone, with friends sometimes then that time you might have some free time without them...

Otherwise if you prefer living alone, then thats ok too you just shouldn't take relationship further so y'all live apart but still love each other...

• Line alone. it gives an excuse to build excitement during our dates

• I'm from a country that most people live with their parents till marriage. To the point where it is not uncommon to meet 40 year olds who still live with them. Sure some move in with their partners and some move out of the house but its not so common.

• Depends on how long you've been togetther

• I'm brown. We live with our parents until we get married lmao. I ain't tryna die.

• I've lived with him for four years so it would be weird for me not to live with him lmfao
    Plus we have a kid so

• Already living with him and I am quite happy about it

• I've never lived with a partner so I can't really answer the question. I hope I get to live with a partner one day though.

• Alone... I get tired of people easily

• live alone

• Depends on how long we had been together. I have half a mind to say I wouldn't want to live with him till we're married

• With my partner or I'll be lonely

• Alone ! Then we can have random slumber parties and miss each other.

• I would have to be dating him for at least a year and know that we are both fully serious and committed in the relationship before moving in together.

• I'd live with a partner if we'd been together​ long enough

• i would rather live alone because i feel like i would need my own space as well as need time to miss them

• More from Girls
    36

What Guys Said 52

• I was given the advice growing up not to live with your partner, before marriage because it leads to problems. But part of me would be fine with it. Just a dichotomy I have within myself. Sucks, because that was a topic in my last relationship. I wanted her to be there, but I didn't want moving in together before we should do so to negatively affect the relationship. I know it ends up working out for some people, but from what I can tell most people that move in together who aren't getting married end up breaking up and it's just a harder break than it would have. The break up also stemmed from living together. Girl tends to look at moving in together as a step closer to marriage and the guy looks at it more as a matter of convenience. Then when she's waiting for a proposal and marriage isn't even on the guys mind you run into problem after problem. Then you also run into some of the arguments that married couples have, without the commitment and motivation of marriage. So you're just arguing and breaking up seems like the better move, because "it's just not working" while if you were married you'd be more of the mindset of making changes so you can work it out and have a loving relationship again.

• yeah it's kind of naive that many women think moving in together is a step towards marriage. Nope, a step towards marriage is getting engaged.. that status has to change from ''in a relationship'' to ''engaged''.

• @Danielle93

Pretty much yea. Sex is not a step towards marriage. Moving in is not a step towards marriage. You just have the conversation about thoughts on marriage, life, all of the relevant topics. You assess the relationship and your emotions. Then you lay your expectation on the table. A girl just saying, "I want to be married, to someone at some point in my near future" is actually a step closer towards marriage, than moving in is because the guy has the understanding that she's in this with marriage in mind. So he can end it or continue forward.

• Alone until I ask for her hand in marriage. I heard a lot that couples who live together for a long time before marrying don't do as well as couples who move in after being engaged or after they marry. Plus I still get to have some freedoms before marriage if she doesn't live with me.

• I guess in my current situation and if I had a partner I'd like to live alone. I need my space. 2 bedroom apartment ain't gonna cut it.
    But if I have a decent sized house I can definitely live together. So time, situation, and where you are with life can all fluctuate my answer.

• Preferably with my partner. I believe it is important to find out whether you two can coexist or not before tying the knot.

• Live alone.

• Personally I wouldn't WANT to live with them because I enjoy my time alone but I think if things are getting serious you should because how much do you really know about someone/how can you consider marrying them if you've never really lived with them ya know?

• Wait.. You in a deep relationship, but you prefer to live alone?

Is this just to slowly adapt to your partner's lifestyle or are you afraid of changes and you believe she'll make things not comfortable for you?

• really depends on my schedule. i would rather live with my partner if we felt we were compatible. but if I was rich enough the rooms and so on would be separate. loool

• Of course I'm not going to live her right off the bat but maybe after a few months, I can either live in her apartment or she can live in mine. She's gotta help to pay the rent though lol.

• I love living alone!! I love spending time with her too and sleeping at her place and I love having her sleep here but I cherish my solitude!

• With my partner. For several reasons:

1) I would experience living together with a girl
    2) That would be a training to live together if we get married
    3) She would help me closely to my self-discipline and self-organization
    4) I could help her closely too in other stuff
    5) We would help each other to abstain of sexual activities, because if we fail, she may become preganant ( no condom policy )

• Would prefer to live alone. I need my own space, plus I'll probably just get bored of her if I was with her all the time.

• Alone, because allowing a woman to move in is to allow her to get her claws into the man's property when she leaves.
    It is too legally dangerous to cohabit with a female.

• i would only life together if:
    -one of us had a big house with a own room for each of us (sleeping alone).
    -otherwise we would living too far away.
    -the saved money can be very useful

probably the last one has the highest chance. even if we dont share money we could 50/50 the saved rental fee.

• Yes, I would be alone. Unless we were married, I'd prefer my personal space. That doesn't mean I wouldn't let her sleep over or I wouldn't sleep over at her place. I just wouldn't make it a cohabiting situation - until we were married.

• At the start of relationship living seperately is what I would do... But later on I would love to live together...

• I think it's good to live with your partner to get a chance to see
    how things would be if both were married couple living together
    it's like a trial basis just to see how things would come out.

• I'm very happy with my S. O.

• Live alone while in a relationship. Have a lot more freedom to do whatever I want and if she's in a bad mood, I can just go home.

• It's better to live with the partner... Even if living alone it's easier.. Living with the partner the spaces changes.. But it's healthier for the relationship it self.. To understand and know better the partner and see if is the right person for you!! So.. It depends what scale of relationship do you wanna build.. If that kind of serious one or just enjoying the present!!!

• Alone.

• Alone. I need my freedom

• With my partner

• I don't like living alone

• House prices here in England are ridiculous but I would like to live with the girl i will end up being married with😊

• alone, being around someone all day long, every day, makes me nervous. i need to have a private place where i can be goofy and weird without thinking about other's expectations

• definitely with

• Both cuz takes time to know sum 1 so just start out seeing an asking how they would decorate your place

• I would rather not. I'm old fashioned that way.

• with my partener

• More from Guys
    22