Why don't boys ask me out?

Okay, so this is a cliched question, but I'm really curious. I mean, I talk to guys and laugh and joke with them, and I smile a lot at them. I'm a pretty girl, not drop dead gorgeous, but pretty, and I'm really nice and pretty smart. (I hope that doesn't sound too conceited.) Is it because I'm not pretty enough or because I don't show off enough skin? For example, there was this new kid who moved into my neighborhood, and I was the first one to talk to him and everything, and I smiled a lot and everything, and I've known him since he came here. And then some other girl who wears short shorts and low cut shirts comes along and he knows her for not even two weeks and now he acts as if he would take a bullet for her. Is it because I'm not good enough? Is it because I'm not easy or that I'm tall or broad shouldered? What's so repulsing about me that makes boys uninterested? I try to be confident and I don't care what people say about me, but when it comes to this, it gets really hard to keep my head held high. Please help. It would mean a lot to me.

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

Most Helpful Opinion

• I remember when I was this confused about guys, as you are.Your first attention should be focusing on that what kind of companion your guy is into. I must tell you, your fun, intelligence, and sense for exciting will make a major role in this. Share different activities with your guy, let him feel free to behave around you in the way he wants. It’s very healthy for building you relationship. Make up few jokes, laugh with him, and show him your sense of humor. He will love it, believe me.These were few tips in one huge subject, and a big mystery in general, what is that guy want. One day maybe that secret whole will be discovered, and come out from the shadows of the unknown. But until then, you’ll have to learn from these advices, and walk step by step towards the secret of what guys want.If you’re interesting about finding more about what is nessesery to find the guy you deserve, check out this link I wish you all the best!

What Guys Said 5

• Without a picture of you it makes it hard to answer however. One thing you said might be a reason why no guys ask you out. You are tall... Is that a turn off? Not in the least, however guys tend to avoid tall women because even when they really like them they feel some how less of a man if the girl is his height or taller. I thought this one girl at my college was a dream but she was tall and hung out with a somewhat rough crowd. Though I caught her looking at me or she me I never took the risk to go over. Being tall in combination with other factors can kill your chance. So you may have to make chances for yourself and not wait around for them to appear.

• Well, this might sound obvious, but if you want guys to ask you out, you could try flirting with them...

• it sounds like you think guys HAVE to do everything to get you interested... that's why he probably was into the other girl cause you never showed any type of affection toward him and guys hate when girls don't ... maybe the other girl did and not just because of the clothes she wore... just a guess... hope this helps

• Nope you look fine to be honest, be confident about you looks you sound like a great person , the reason why guys may not ask you out is because when you talk or laugh etc? it might confuse the guys and give mix signals and think your just another flirt and it could just give them the friendly vibe not the ask me out vibe. Sorry but that's the truth .But you can change that abit :D All the best

• Why don't girls ask me out?

• I think you missed the point. And/or you're an idiot, which the capitals would suggest.

• Dude not gonna argue but don't expect girls to be asking you out ok? Ladies prefer with guys who has BALLS to ask them out :D CONFIDENCE IS KEY. GIRLS WILL HARDLY EVER APPRACH YOU. THEY EXPECT EVERYTHING FROM THE GUY So if you have any girls in your mind sh*t you better hurry or she might be taken soon. Good luck :D

• But seriously, why don't you ask them out if you're not getting asked out? I can't say if your shoulders are too broad without seeing a picture.

What Girls Said 5

• If he can't even pay attention to you and focus on girls who dress for show, why should you settle for someone like that? I think if a person is truly serious towards you then girls in short shorts shouldn't be a problem because he will only be focusing on you. Don't be so impatient to jump to conclusions of not being good enough. You said so yourself you're smart so why not be smart and wait for someone worth the time. Everyone has different tastes. Those girls are what that guy finds alluring but someone else will find YOU alluring just the way you are. Now don't obsess ok? Chin up girl.

• I dunno, maybe you were not his type. And yes, guys who look for a girlfriend mostly look for an affectionate girl, maybe you didn't show enough affection...maybe you also expected too much from him and he felt that and turned to another girl.My point is, there is no use to loom for this question because you never know why a guy didn't ask you out, there are too many possibilties.Still you want to change yourself, I say, don't change yourself for any guys but change yourself into someone you find likeable and easy to be around. I think then you'll attract the right kind of guys for you, eg if you're a nerdy girl, just but be one and like yourself for it. Just do whatever you feel like.

• You could intimidate guys.In my opinion guys today lack the guts to ask a girl out. It's a shame. The dating scene today is awful. It's just 'hanging out'. I don't see it improving any time soon either.With more women graduating college and in the work-force they're career-oriented and focused and getting married later, if at all...Good luck.

• ive gone through this when I was 15,it's not because your boad shoulerd or anything.Guys at this age care about looks..i' sorry you can disagree all you want but it still doesn't change the fact that it's true.Obiously he responded to the girl who was showing off skin,it's normal for guys at this age.Now,I'm not telling you to go off looking like a slutt either but show alittle somthing to catch his attention.If your not comfterable the you can wear a long sleeve and a short skirt or shorts showing off your legs to the guy.Of you can do the opposit and wear some pants and a sexy shirt showing off a bit clevlage.AND REMEMBER...always remain confident. I cannot stress this enough..confidence is sexy and guys like it when a girl is sure of herself.Oh and by the way,try letting your hair down

• it's sometimes just luck of the draw. you don't need to change yourself to get a date. eventually someone will come along that will ask. try show your interest in people you like more.