How long should you wait to ask a girl out after her break up?

There's a girl in one of my classes that I like, I found out she had a boyfriend though. I then found out that she broke up with him about a week ago. Should I wait a bit, or is it OK to ask her out now?

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

Most Helpful Opinion

• i would wait at least 2 weeks :)every girl needs to calm her emotions after a reak up

• Cool thanks, we only have class once a week together anyways so I guess I'll just wait till next class.

• Ok, but if she still seems down, try cheer her up, but don't move on in til she's readybit of random advice, never force yourself onto a girl in any way :)

What Girls Said 4

• There is NO way someone is ready to be in another relationship 5 days after a breakup. This comes across as really selfish and inconsiderate. All you are thinking about is what you want, which is to be with her right now. Take into consideration what she must feel and what she needs, which is space and time to deal. Don't complicate her life or yours by not giving her that, it's just not fair. Be a friend to her, be there for her. That will build a strong bond if you really care about her.

• First,be her friend to break the ice, once you all get to know one another. When you have become comfortable being with her, ask her out! Good Luck!

• I would wait. Just be there for her though. And then when you feel the time is right. Go for it. What do you have to lose?

• Yeah.. Def. Wait to avoid getting rejected. When I broke up with my ex and this guy was tryign to talk to me like 3 weeks after I just told him I wasn't ready. Good luck!

What Guys Said 1

• Ask her now. If you don't some other guy will.Obviously if she was with some guy for 10 years and is really upset, then wait. But if she was only with the other guy a few months, just go for it. If there is a girl you like, and she is single, it is almost ALWAYS a bad idea to procrastinate. Just man up and take your shot. if you put it off for one week, you might then put it off for 2, then a month. Before you know it a year has gone by and you never made a move.