Why am I so depressed lately?

Sometimes I feel like I'm alone in this world.. im 17 years old and I just Graduated highschool..i never had many friends to begin with and I really didn't care that much about it. the two friends that I thought I did have are gone. And its been difficult for me lately because my mom has been real... Show More

Most Helpful Guy

• Yeah, I know what you mean. Finally becoming an adult, whilst giving you greater freedom over your life, gives you just as much responsibilities and headaches associated with it. That, compounded with family issues as well as friend issues can make you feel unbelievably burdened.

Don't give up though, everything will work out in one way or another; in college, or whatever you're going to do after high-school, you'll meet a lot of people who share similar interests for you, and as such, are really easy to make good friends with.

In regards to family issues, we all have them, and no matter how hard we try, it will always be out of control. So, it's alright to think about it, but don't let it weigh you down or gnaw at your conscience; try and occupy your mind with doing other things.

And lastly, being an adult? The overwhelming nature of it soon wears off; you have to grit your teeth and bear it.

Bottom line: Hang in there; things are bound to get better.

• Thanks for best answer! =)

Hope things are looking up for you.