• Ask
  • myTake

Why am I so depressed lately?

Sometimes I feel like I'm alone in this world..im 17 years old and I just Graduated highschool..i never had many friends to begin with and I really didn't care that much about it. the two friends that I thought I did have are gone. And its been difficult for me lately because my mom has been real sick lately and she's too tired to talk to me anymore. I don't really get along with my step father and everythings just so overwhelming now that I'm an adult.

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

Most Helpful Opinion

• Yeah, I know what you mean. Finally becoming an adult, whilst giving you greater freedom over your life, gives you just as much responsibilities and headaches associated with it. That, compounded with family issues as well as friend issues can make you feel unbelievably burdened.Don't give up though, everything will work out in one way or another; in college, or whatever you're going to do after high-school, you'll meet a lot of people who share similar interests for you, and as such, are really easy to make good friends with. In regards to family issues, we all have them, and no matter how hard we try, it will always be out of control. So, it's alright to think about it, but don't let it weigh you down or gnaw at your conscience; try and occupy your mind with doing other things.And lastly, being an adult? The overwhelming nature of it soon wears off; you have to grit your teeth and bear it.Bottom line: Hang in there; things are bound to get better.

• Thanks for best answer! =)Hope things are looking up for you.

What Guys Said 1

• I've dealt with some pretty raw crap in my life and I've moved on by taking the emotions out of it. I don't let myself feel anything so I'm no longer vulnerable and I get hurt less.

What Girls Said 3

• I THINK YOU SHOULD PRAY. EVEN IF YOUR NOT A CHRISTIAN GET DOWN ON YOUR KNEES AND TALK TO GOD ABOUT YOUR PROBLEMS. :) YOU GOT NUN TO LOOSE IF YOU JUST TRY

• You are not alone in the world. Not ever. Anytime you want to talk about anything, please know that you can always talk to me. I am sorry that your mom is ill, I hope that she is getting help for whatever is going on with her. I'm sure she would want to know how you are and what you are going thru. At 17, I'm sure it is overwhelming when you really need your mom to talk with. Do you have an aunt nearby? What about one of your friends' mothers? Were you close to one of them? If not, perhaps you can call a pastor or counseling center if you think that would help. Depression is not uncommon in your situation when your mom is ill, your only close friends have moved and you feel you have no close friends or family. Please don't wait too long before contacting someone for help.Are you working or going to school now? To make new friends, try joining some groups with common interests. Get active in your church or start going and talk to people there. You will not be lonely or depressed for long. Good luck.

• why don't you make some friends? go to the library or park and say hi to people or maybe go join a church. try to just get out there and meet friends, neighbors or whatever and ask where they are from, what they like to do etc. good luck