Why does it seem that females always go for the bad boy type?

So this is a simple question. In my experience with females it seems that they typically go for the bad boy type instead of a nice guy. They claim to want a nice guy but they end up choosing the bad boy. I'm asking because of course I'm a nice guy and yes I seem to always finish last lol. So I need honest here, laides why do ya'll seem to go for the bad boy type instead of the nice guy.

Most Helpful Girl

• I go for attractive good guys.

Girls may go for bad boys because the guy is:

attractive

exciting

they mistake arrogance for confidence

they like being treated badly if he's a jerk

bad doesn't always = jerk/a**hole

They may not go for nice guys because most are:

bitter

unattractive

pushovers

approval seekers

not really nice

guys who think being shy/socially awakward/not confident/unattractive/bad with girls makes them a nice guy instead of being nice

Just because you're a nice guy doesn't make you the right guy for her.

GAG Video of the Day

How To Become A Morning Person

What Girls Said 8

• It's younger girls mostly.

Girls who think that bad boys are more interesting, more dangerous. They're exciting and unpredictable and maybe, just maybe, if she's really lucky, she'll break him and make him, hers. It's just the thrill and the game and the chase and such.

Then they see that they were treated poorly and say 'good guys only'. But to the young ladies (some of them) good guys are boring and offer no excitement or real fun at all.

It's a phase, all grown up women grow out of it.

• Excitement and I didn't know the guy is bad news until I started to date him.

• i've never gone for the bad boy type. I feel like bad boys are in arrested development :p

• because bad boys have an excitement factor and they seem like they can have any girl so we tend to go for them.

• some how, bad boys are more challenging.girls want what they can't get, & the bad boy types are thrilling.

More from Girls
3

What Guys Said 0