Why does a guy tell you to wait for him until he want's to be official?

I have been "seeing" a guy for almost 3 months now, and he says he does not want to see other people, just me. We do everything that normal couples do, go shopping, hang with friends and family and pda in front of people, like kissing and holding hands, yet I told him I felt like he doesn't want anything more and he reassures me every time that he does but just to wait and be patient, I am only giving it two more weeks and saying were either official or not and walking away! What do I do?

I finally said were dating or were not and now we are official because he didn't want to loose me
I ended up dating him for over a year then I broke up with him worst relationship ever I'm now happily with a different guy expecting our first baby

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

Most Helpful Opinion

• You just told us what you're going to do so why ask what to do? I think that what you have planned is a good thing to do. It sounds like he doesn't want a commitment right now. If you want a commitment then you deserve a guy who will give you that and make you happy, not wait around for him to be ready. I think that he cares about you but it sounds like he likes being single. He may say that he only wants to see you but chances are he's seeing other girls as well because he can since he's single. If he's serious about you then he won't let you walk away and will do whatever it is to make you happy and keep you. If he doesn't then you need to let him go and find someone who will give you what you want and need.

• That's exactly what I finally thought, so I will do that!

What Guys Said 0

Be the first guy to share opinion!

Earn 1 extra Xper Point for being the first!!

What Girls Said 4

• I am curious how this situation has turned out?

• Still in the same boat, but this weekend I will let you know for sure.

• he's treating you like you're his personal standby whenever its convenient girl. hows he gonna tell you to wait? sounds like he's playing u

• I'm going to say he is stringing you along. I don't think he is planning to ask you to be his girlfriend.

I mean why would he asks you when you guy are already acting like one. Also it doesn't take 3 months for him to ask you if he really want to be with you. My ex took three days to ask me to be his.

• Ya, exactly and his friends say well that's him, and I am like well guess what I am not doing this any longer!

• I guess do just what you said your going to do...I mean if it were me I would probably do it sooner...he tells you to wait for him because he probably thinks your stupid enough to actually do it...I mean I'm not saying your stupid, just that its stupid to wait for someone after 3 months of intimate actions and then be told to wait for him...

I mean what's to wait for? You said you already do what normal couples do...so why not drop the wait...and go with the freakin flow like most couples.

8) I hope this helped a little sorry if I sounded harsh at all.

Goodluck

Tami

• Sounds like an intellegent theory to me 8)

• No, I understand your point, I am not offended. I have told him multiple times I am not sticking around and he says well I hope you do, and I am like nope I am not hearing any more of this bullsh*t, I want a yes or no anwser and that's it!