I Don't Like How Women are Held to Such High Standards.

I don't like it.

Men can stroll around looking like a pigsty. Shaggy, unkempt hair, 5-o'clock shadow, ripped jeans, beer-bellies, various bodily flaws, and generally an unhealthy appearance-- and yet, many seem to snag successful, healthy ladies.

Women must be the definition of perfection. They are wanted to show skin but to not look like a slut, big butt, big boobs, clear skin, perfect make-up, name brand clothing, no bodily flaws.

No particular experience birthed this rant.

And by no means am I implying that ALL guys, or ALL women are like that. It is a generalization. An unspoken expectation, in some cases.

Most Helpful Guy

• Those standards are self imposed by women themselves. I also know that most women put such efforts into their looks mainly to compete against other women, because surely a guy will not reject one on the basis of "imperfect make-up." In fact most guys I know prefer a woman with natual beauty, the kind that hang out in jeans and a t shirt with messy hair that she didn't spend hours doing that day and still look good. It's the same concept as a man who can look scruff, messy hair and torn jeans; if a man can pull that off and look good, women are all about those "naturally good looks."

I am actually more turned on by a girl who doesn't feel the need to have 3 hours worth of work put into her look just to step out of the house. To me it says she's super down to earth and confident while the contrary says the opposite. When a woman puts wayyy too much effort into her look every single day of her life, just to feel comfortable stepping outside the house, to me it just screams high maintenance and insecure. At least, experience has told me this is true, and has yet to fail me.

btw...I could care less about name brand clothing. A woman that can make an outfit she got at a thrift store look good is like...WOW. In that case, it's not the clothes that make her look good, she makes the clothes look good! - so hot lol