Is it weird to be 18 and never have dated anyone?

Always when people ask me where my boyfriend is and I answer 'Oh I don't have one, actually I have never dated anyone' they are shocked and ask me: 'Why?' So is it that weird to be my age and never have been in a relationship? (not for religious reasons, but just because I never had the chance to)... Show More

Most Helpful Guy

• I used to think the same thing but it honestly doesn't mean anything

I'm 21 and the farthest I've been with a girl is hugging! lol

The reason I'm still single many reasons but one of the main ones is. I don't feel I'm 'complete' enough to give myself to another person. So while I'm waiting to get a gf; I'm working on attributes I can fix upon myself.

One thing I definitely will not do is wait to get a gf.

I've learned I'm not going to let life pass me by and keep searching for a gf!

I mean there is an entire world out there!

There is definitely more to life than having a girlfriend

If it happens it happens.

If it doesn't it doesn't

I wouldn't get too caught up in it because then you lose out on life. And no on can go back and re-live yesterday.

Plus, don't the best things in life come when we least expect it?

This works for me but I don't know if it works for you

Whenever I'm can't find something; I learn to live life with out it.

And then when I'm finally able to live life without the object; I find it! and then

I realize I was so dependent on such a thing that it was kind of almost stupid.

So after that I still keep it around but understand that I don't need anything to be happy or really help me. I am and can be independent on my own.

Hope that makes sense and good luck!