Why did she stare at me and laugh/smile after giving me the silent treatment?

I have been friend with her now for like 6 months everything has been good sometimes I felt she showed signs she liked me gave me a nickname (involving my name) , playfully punched my arm when we joked around , helped me with work , mimicked my actions and would always say Hey when I see her.There was one time I was rude to her (this is probably the reason why she started to ignore me) She said I was showing off to my other friend or some sh*t but I`m still cool with her best friend and recently I heard she just got a bfso she has been giving me the silent treatment for like one week now for being ``rude`` but today my friend called her name and she just plain ignored himnow like 5 min before class was about to finish she just stared at me I guess since we haven`t been talking she wanted to get a reaction (even though she started this)so when she was looking at me I was like WHATshe smiled and laughed , I looked away for a bit and she was still staring at me so I waved and said Hi since we sit across from each other, she said Hey and continued to laugh and smile. Then class was over.So do you think she liked me and I hurt her so much which is why she gave me the silent treatment? is the silent treatment over after this?or is she just playing games?god damn I`m confused lol

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

What Girls Said 1

• My guess is she liked you, you moved too slowly and when you were rude, she feared you didn't care about her. Now she's playing games to see if you care. (Laughing when you paid her attention means she was delighted by your response because it shows you care about her in some way.)If you like her you need to pick up the pace. If you're not sure - or you suspect she really was just a friend and is being high drama - then go back to being perfectly normal and ignore her dumb stunts or ask her regular questions, even if she's being wacky. Hopefully she calms down once you're paying her more attention and maybe you can ask her out.Unfortunately she may think her games GOT your attention and she'll keep them up. In that case you might have to say "I liked the old, normal you better" or something like that to encourage her to stop.

• yeah that last 5 min was the most awkward sh*t ever lol. Another thing is there is like 3 weeks left of school after that I don`t think we will be seeing each other since she's going to another school you think maybe she was trying to distant herself from cause of thatsidenote : she was a great student always on time , now latley she been skipping out on classes maybe some family problems?either way we will see what happens tomorrow

• Show Older
    • Yeah, these are stupid games and the most frustrating thing is that you'd probably like to take her out for a nice time but her behavior is off-putting. Try to be a nice guy and see if you can salvage anything. Not sure why she's so offended by what you said but if she really does have a boyfriend, move on, and let him deal with her. She pays too much attention to other guys any ways so it probably won't last.

• Well she was in class yesterday , after I said Hey she responded but the convo was very brief. She wasn't in class today but I saw her again at lunch, we didn't say anything though.I'm just going to take a wild guess she's having some family issues

What Guys Said 0

Be the first guy to share an opinion and earn 1 extra Xper Point!