Why do women call their boyfriends, their "man"?

Most guy, including myself, don't call our girlfriends our "woman". We are not your property.

Most Helpful Girl

• Most guys actually say "my girl", and it's a turn on because it sounds possessive and reminds her that she's living the real thing (he belongs to her and she belongs to him I love you kinda stuff). It has a bigger affect than "babe" "hunni" "sweetie" "baby" etc.

GAG Video of the Day

10 Things Guys Wish Girls Would Stop Doing

What Girls Said 10

• Women don't say it degrade the guy.

They just say it to mean the person its with them.

Saying "my man" is no different than saying,

"my boyfriend"

"my love"

"my hubby"

The woman isn't claiming the guy, she is just saying they are exclusively dating.

• I hear guys refer to their girlfriends as "my girl, my woman, my ole woman" stuff like that.. I don't find myself saying "my man".. I just call him my boyfriend.. but I don't really have a problem if he refers to me as his girl, or whatever because I know it doesn't really mean he thinks I'm his property. It's a term of endearment if you will.

• I hear guys say that all of the time...

• No, but won't guys call their girlfriend "My girl"?

• Because he is my man. All mine. No one else's.

More from Girls
5

What Guys Said 9

• OHHH DAMN! lol sry, but I thought this question deserved that.

• you are being sensitive.

• I don't think it's such a negative thing. I've called girlfriends, "my girl."

• Its just a term of endearment

• i guess it's a sign of dominance

More from Guys
4