How do you let a guy down gently?

This guy I met is really sweet and I like him but only as a friend. His cousin is a friend of mine and he told her that I was his girlfriend.

We've been out but for coffee and stuff like that but I wouldn't consider them dates. He hasn't even held my hand.

I have tried to like him but I just can't have those types of feelings for him.

I don't want go hurt him. What do I do?

Most Helpful Guy

• The best advice I can give you is to be honest with him, and as you have indicated you want to let him down gently, so there is no reason you can't be both honest and gentle. Think about how you would like to be let down gently and just think of this when you are letting him down. I know when I was in high school there was a girl I dated for a little while and she really liked me a LOT, and I liked the fact that she felt this way about me, but I didn't feel quite the same way about her, and before we became to involved (sexual) I sat her down and was gentle but honest with her. Granted I felt bad that I hurt her feelings, but was glad we hadn't become sexual and then I had to let her down, because it would have seemed that I just used her. So while I didn't like hurting her I was glad I was honest with her. I hope that helps