A good friend said I would be "too good for him." WHY?

I have this guy friend who I have been really good friends with for 11 years now. We always make each other laugh, are always very honest with each... Show More

Most Helpful Guy

• Hmm don't feel bad, or feel like you were in anyway lucky, you worked hard your whole life like you said to get where you are, that's a good quality to me, I don't care about how much money a girl has, her job, car or whatever, & weight isn't a problem for be granted I'm attracted to her and she's a kind & sweet person, that's what really gets to me.

Have anther heart to heart with him, maybe tell him some of the things you mentioned in your question, if you don't care about his fiancial status and such, which seems to be the reason he's intimidated, explain to him that doesn't matter to you, and you feel you two have chemistry and that's all that matters, you like him for him.

Asker upvoted
    • Thanks for the reply, I am glad there are guys out there who can appreciate a woman's hard work and intelligence rather than pushing her away because of it. I had the convo with him many times to explain that I only care what kind of person he is, not where he works or his social status. I think because he knows me so well though, he really does know about all my achievements. And I guess it doesn't help that his mom thinks (and verbally expressed) that I'm too good for him :/

• Show Older
    • Yeah his mom always says things like "Oh I would love a daughter in law like that, you are amazing, but Luke knows that he is not good enough for you." So I think she even facilitates him thinking that way. She said to me once "You know that guys will be scared of you, because they could never measure up to you. Luke realizes that very well, he said once that no girl he knows could even come close to you." At first this made me happy, thinking it's a compliment. But now it seems that it's bad :(

• Give him constant reassurance that your into him, and don't care about money or material items.