It doesn't make sense to me to lie, why does he pretend he doesn't when he does?

I have a guy friend I have known for a long time, almost 10 years. We have known each other that long, but don't hang out regularly anymore. Anyway, sometimes he lies and it doesn't make sense to me why. He likes to say his memory sucks which is why he doesn't know when my birthday is,but he remembers other things ... Like when I was never to go through my graduation and he said it was as much for my family as it was for me, then didn't participate in his own. He'll forget dinner plans but remember later to reschedule with me. I have a really good memory so I remember a lot, but why does he pretend he doesn't when he does?

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

Most Helpful Opinion

• What sort of paranoid individual refuses to take her friends word at his fallible memory, and decides for herself that he must have a good memory and be lying about it?Listen love, you don't know what it is like to be someone else, so you've no right to assume he's lying to you.I have a crappy memory too, and I can never remember birthdays and anniversaries. And you know what else? I don't even TRY. Those things don't matter the tiniest f*** to me. But I wouldn't say that to someone because it would hurt her feelings. I simply say "Bad memory" and use what little memory powers I have to remember the things which actually matter to me. Dates ain't one of them.

What Guys Said 2

• I think he has better things to do than hang out with you in his Mind and just buys you off with lies to get you to forget the betrayal

• Maybe he finds other things he would rather do, or really isn't that good of a friend. If he's got a phone, he can set up reminders in it. It's really lame to forget to do things anymore.

• I agree. Nowadays it's so easy to be reminded of every birthday/event coming up, but it seems to me that people forget them more often than they used to. I mean, why wish your friend a happy birthday if you can play doode jump on your iPhone?

What Girls Said 0

Be the first girl to share opinion!

Earn 1 extra Xper Point for being the first!!