It doesn't make sense to me to lie, why does he pretend he doesn't when he does?

I have a guy friend I have known for a long time, almost 10 years. We have known each other that long, but don't hang out regularly anymore. Anyway, sometimes he lies and it doesn't make sense to me why. He likes to say his memory sucks which is why he doesn't know when my birthday is,but he... Show More

Most Helpful Guy

• What sort of paranoid individual refuses to take her friends word at his fallible memory, and decides for herself that he must have a good memory and be lying about it?

Listen love, you don't know what it is like to be someone else, so you've no right to assume he's lying to you.

I have a crappy memory too, and I can never remember birthdays and anniversaries. And you know what else? I don't even TRY. Those things don't matter the tiniest f*** to me. But I wouldn't say that to someone because it would hurt her feelings. I simply say "Bad memory" and use what little memory powers I have to remember the things which actually matter to me. Dates ain't one of them.