It doesn't make sense to me to lie, why does he pretend he doesn't when he does?

I have a guy friend I have known for a long time, almost 10 years. We have known each other that long, but don't hang out regularly anymore.... Show More

Most Helpful Opinion

• What sort of paranoid individual refuses to take her friends word at his fallible memory, and decides for herself that he must have a good memory and be lying about it?

Listen love, you don't know what it is like to be someone else, so you've no right to assume he's lying to you.

I have a crappy memory too, and I can never remember birthdays and anniversaries. And you know what else? I don't even TRY. Those things don't matter the tiniest f*** to me. But I wouldn't say that to someone because it would hurt her feelings. I simply say "Bad memory" and use what little memory powers I have to remember the things which actually matter to me. Dates ain't one of them.