• Ask
  • myTake

It doesn't make sense to me to lie, why does he pretend he doesn't when he does?

I have a guy friend I have known for a long time, almost 10 years. We have known each other that long, but don't hang out regularly anymore.... Show More

Most Helpful Opinion

• What sort of paranoid individual refuses to take her friends word at his fallible memory, and decides for herself that he must have a good memory and be lying about it?

Listen love, you don't know what it is like to be someone else, so you've no right to assume he's lying to you.

I have a crappy memory too, and I can never remember birthdays and anniversaries. And you know what else? I don't even TRY. Those things don't matter the tiniest f*** to me. But I wouldn't say that to someone because it would hurt her feelings. I simply say "Bad memory" and use what little memory powers I have to remember the things which actually matter to me. Dates ain't one of them.

What Guys Said 3

• I think he has better things to do than hang out with you in his Mind and just buys you off with lies to get you to forget the betrayal

• Maybe he finds other things he would rather do, or really isn't that good of a friend. If he's got a phone, he can set up reminders in it. It's really lame to forget to do things anymore.

• I agree. Nowadays it's so easy to be reminded of every birthday/event coming up, but it seems to me that people forget them more often than they used to. I mean, why wish your friend a happy birthday if you can play doode jump on your iPhone?

What Girls Said 0

Be the first girl to share an opinion and earn 1 extra Xper Point!

0/2500