How to cope with deep, unending sadness?

Hey ladies and gents.Before I delve too deeply I want you to understand something. What this question is referring to is that type of sadness that many, if not all of us have (in some form). It's not that I'm constantly sad, depressed, or angry. This is a feeling a (sensation) that is deep rooted within me that will not subside.Just thinking about it now I can feel the heat it expels as it is burning. It's alive.Do you have any deep sadness within? Or an irregular thought? One that may seem irrational to others?I am going to tell you what it is specifically that I am talking about. But first I'd like to hear what you have to say about "sending the pain below" or ignoring it or however of the many ways of dealing with it.Me, I just bury mine. I tell myself constantly that it's a lie. And fool myself into a state of false bliss. For if this feeling every took me over it would be the end of my current form of existence. Please, what are your thoughts on this? Do you have thoughts that even scare yourself? Of the most maddening kind!?Let's just say this along the lines of having certain thoughts that cause a specific type of anger. Cause/effect and how are you dealing with that?(That is the question) Not specifically what the sadness or ill-thought is. But of course we'd like to hear it if you're open to it.And don't worry, I will share mine :)

EXCELLENT ANSWERS EVERYONE!
*Plz let's keep this going :)*
I was really hoping to see more replies here. Come on, isn't anyone else sad or feeling generally bummed?

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

Most Helpful Opinion

• everyone feels sad or some feelings of life being a somewhat neverending battle against forces we can't defeat.I think the difference is in how you process that feeling. Part of the feeling is what makes us as humans fight back, sort of a determination to not be defeated. Part of that feeling is also necessary so we can truly appreciate joy and happiness. Without sadness there is no happiness as both each is a feeling that only exists in comparison to the other. sadness is a necessary reminder that you are alive and so you can appreciate happiness me I just try to put everything in perspective. that my life could be worse. I take stock in the joys in my life and the ways in which I am advantaged. I consider the growing disadvantaged in my country and aroudn the world and actually feel a sense of guilt that could even actually feel all that bad about my life. There are women in africa who's genitals are mutilated so they engender no pleasure from sex, a massive sex trade of adolescent women in india, children and families in syria who are being systematically slaughtered daily... so I ask myself is my pain and sadness as significant? It's not to say that I can't be sad but I have options and outlets where as a lot of people simply don't

What Girls Said 2

• I do have sadness within and I deal with it through writing poetry and letting be but of course I don't dwell on it for long just a minute or sometimes two

• Thoughts are just thoughts not reality. I know of a lot of people that have a deep seated feeling of unhappiness. I think it is a form of depression. Depression is not necessarily something that is constant it can come and go and anxiety is a deep seated gutted type of feeling again a form of unhappiness and uneasiness. My son has thoughts that scare him he has OCD. Don't know if this helps.

• But our thoughts is what makes our realities real.. and unique!Most thoughts is a gathering of intel based on experiences we have and then interpreted in to feelings.Without them we are nobody.

• Yes that's right but you have to control your thoughts. In a sense of knowing they are just thoughts. We cannot allow wrong or negative thoughts to control our actions!

What Guys Said 0