How to cope with deep, unending sadness?

Hey ladies and gents. Before I delve too deeply I want you to understand something. What this question is referring to is that type of sadness that... Show More

EXCELLENT ANSWERS EVERYONE!

*Plz let's keep this going :)*
I was really hoping to see more replies here. Come on, isn't anyone else sad or feeling generally bummed?

Most Helpful Guy

• everyone feels sad or some feelings of life being a somewhat neverending battle against forces we can't defeat.

I think the difference is in how you process that feeling. Part of the feeling is what makes us as humans fight back, sort of a determination to not be defeated. Part of that feeling is also necessary so we can truly appreciate joy and happiness. Without sadness there is no happiness as both each is a feeling that only exists in comparison to the other. sadness is a necessary reminder that you are alive and so you can appreciate happiness

me I just try to put everything in perspective. that my life could be worse. I take stock in the joys in my life and the ways in which I am advantaged. I consider the growing disadvantaged in my country and aroudn the world and actually feel a sense of guilt that could even actually feel all that bad about my life. There are women in africa who's genitals are mutilated so they engender no pleasure from sex, a massive sex trade of adolescent women in india, children and families in syria who are being systematically slaughtered daily... so I ask myself is my pain and sadness as significant? It's not to say that I can't be sad but I have options and outlets where as a lot of people simply don't