How to cope with deep, unending sadness?

Hey ladies and gents. Before I delve too deeply I want you to understand something. What this question is referring to is that type of sadness that many, if not all of us have (in some form). It's not that I'm constantly sad, depressed, or angry. This is a feeling a (sensation) that is deep... Show More

*Plz let's keep this going :)*
I was really hoping to see more replies here. Come on, isn't anyone else sad or feeling generally bummed?

Most Helpful Guy

• everyone feels sad or some feelings of life being a somewhat neverending battle against forces we can't defeat.

I think the difference is in how you process that feeling. Part of the feeling is what makes us as humans fight back, sort of a determination to not be defeated. Part of that feeling is also necessary so we can truly appreciate joy and happiness. Without sadness there is no happiness as both each is a feeling that only exists in comparison to the other. sadness is a necessary reminder that you are alive and so you can appreciate happiness

me I just try to put everything in perspective. that my life could be worse. I take stock in the joys in my life and the ways in which I am advantaged. I consider the growing disadvantaged in my country and aroudn the world and actually feel a sense of guilt that could even actually feel all that bad about my life. There are women in africa who's genitals are mutilated so they engender no pleasure from sex, a massive sex trade of adolescent women in india, children and families in syria who are being systematically slaughtered daily... so I ask myself is my pain and sadness as significant? It's not to say that I can't be sad but I have options and outlets where as a lot of people simply don't