People who block you on GAG so you can't respond?

Why is it on this site that when someone responds to a question, the QA answers it back the way THEY want to and then blocks the person answering. Doesn't that defeat the purpose? How many people have done that to you here?

Most Helpful Girl

• I just had this happen to me. This girl asked a really rude racial question (against her own race too!), and I answered it as politely as I could. link Because I didn't kiss her ass and agree with her the way she wanted me to, she hypocritically starts acting rude and cursing at me. People do that when they can't hang with you intellectually. They just get mad and block you. I do appreciate her telling me she blocked me, that way I didn't waste time writing a long response in the comments. I guess certain people can only handle yes-men.

What Girls Said 4

• I've had several people do that to me. It's silly, if they truly want help, they have to be open to others' suggestions. Now I can understand if someone is purposely being rude, that may warrant blocking in certain situations. But for the most part, it's silly.

I've been blocked for unknown reasons. But who cares really, that is their choice and if they don't like what I have to say, then fine. There are plenty of other people who truly want the help I have to offer on here :)

• I've typed quite a few helpful answers only to get denied when I try to submit it. It's always kind of funny to me... like "well f*** if I try to help YOU again." :P

But that's for an original answer to a question, not the situation you're talking about. I don't think I've ever answered a question, they comment on it, then block me. I think people get pissed when they aren't told what they want to hear, plus they want to get the last word in. Or the answerer just annoys them in general and they don't want to deal with it anymore.

• IDK, I'm new so I don't know much about anything on this website

• I've been blocked by a few people so I always rate the questions beforehand to make sure

What Guys Said 3

• You mean those who ask a question, then if you give an answer that disagrees with them then they block you?

Yeeeah, people do that sometimes. But I think if they wanted actual insight and multiple points of view - and not just self-verification, this wouldn't happen.

I don't block people, I think it's stupid. The best answers could come from anyone. So yes, I tend to rate questions first to make sure I'm not blocked - as there are a few who don't agree with my views on equality and stuff, I guess...

• i haven't blocked anyone except for pixie. Don't know how many people blocked me, but I think there are a few, they just don't come to the site anymore though.

• It's the internet. A lot of people here are so dumb and ignorant. People are so pathetic, they ask a question then they give best answer to someone who paraphrases what they wrote. It's only a petty site, nothing to worry about