Do people lie or tell the truth when they are drunk?

When I was dating this girl she would only express deep feelings for me when she was drunk. The following day I would mention something she said and she would be like "I don't remember saying that"

Whats the deal? Was she telling the truth? Was she lying?

Was she embarrassed so she said she didn't remember?

Most Helpful Guy

• When you are drunk, you express your emotions more so then the social norm.

For example, I might tell a girl I like her when I'm drunk but in any normal situation. I would use my rational mind "Do I know this girl? What constitutes my attraction to her? " etc.

It doesn't mean anything and you shouldn't look to deep into it. Maybe she was horny and wanted to bone. Yes, at that moment she might've genuinely liked you but when her rational mind kicks in. It construes a different emotion, one with more cognitive feelings. This is why we have "drunk dialing" and the huge regret we have in the morning.

As far as truth goes, I can lie like no other when I'm drunk (probably better while induced actually).

GAG Video of the Day

Would you date someone younger/older/married?

What Girls Said 9

• I really think it depends on the person. Some people are just really emotional when they're drunk and will say they love anyone. Other people end up showing their true feelings because they lose the ability to hide them. Does she act that way around other people? Does she appear embarrassed when she is denying what she said or does she look like she really doesn't remember? If you were dating and she could only express herself to you when she was drunk, it sounds a little odd to me. It should have been obvious that she had feelings for you if you were already dating, so why should she have needed to hide them until she had been drinking? Seems a little odd to me. It really could go either way, so think about how she acts toward other people when she is drunk and you can compare her "normal" drunk behavior to how she was with you.

• In MOST cases drunk people express their true feelings, the ones the tend to hide being sober. The fact that she says she doesn't remember could very well be true, however many girls "me included" use that excuse to get out of what they said. Meaning- the said things that normally wouldn't and try to hide so by saying that she is hoping you just forget it and not mention it again or take it seriously.

Also, keep in mind drunk people have a tendency to exaggerate the truth a bit.

• Drunk truth. Yep its there! Sucks too. Drunk texting is the worse.

• I think people tell more of the truth when they are drunk. Sometimes, I am too nervous to say things when I am sober but when I am drunk for some reason I can just let it all out. I guess that's why alcohol breaks your inhibitions, makes you more relaxed and for me, sometimes, more vocal.

• Yes, they do because they're most vulnerable and in a careless mood that they will tell you how they really feel. Why? Because When you're drunk your feeling good and your emotions are really high. So you'll hear the truth.

More from Girls
4

What Guys Said 4

• I'd say people more likely tell the truth. When you're drunk, you lose your inhibitions, and are therefore more likely to tell all sorts of truths. When you wake up, you most likely don't want to believe that you said the things you did, and therefore you'll lie about saying that. All of a sudden, your inhibitions return, and you're embarrassed.

• Drunk people will tell you the truth. I believe there is a Russian proverb that states, If the wife wants to know the truth from her husband then she needs to wait until he is drunk.

• a person can't express true feelings when there drunk. i think they speak more heart felt but not the truth. when I'm drunk i hug and kiss my kids and wife till they can't take it any more. and i mean every word of what i say to them. but on the other hand I've said some stupid things that i didn't mean. i would go with what she tells you when she's not drunk. hope this helps.