• Ask
  • myTake

What does outgoing/upbeat mean to you?

What things make you think of someone as outgoing or upbeat?

What Guys Said 1

• Someone who can reasonably approach strangers and turn them into friends, or at least have good conversations. Someone who isn't very afraid of rejection, or if they are, they're used to pushing past it for the sake of interacting with people and gaining experience. Someone who invites people out a lot, really tries to get to know people, is caring, encouraging and positive, and generally just a nice person to be around and talk to.

• Thank you for answering :)

• Sure thing. Hope I was specific enough. It's the type of person I'm trying to become : )

• Yeah, me too. I want to be that person that's friends with almost everyone.

What Girls Said 1

• i think they're two separate things. outgoing is someone who's vocal and loves talking to people. someone who is upbeat is an optimistic person who's generally happy and has a bit of a bounce in their step.

• That's true.