• Ask
  • myTake

How can a girl tell if a guy is flirting or just being nice? GUYS READ!?

How do I tell the difference between guys that are just being friendly and nice and the guys that are flirting? A lot of the time I get really confused and I don't know how to react. I also don't know how to tell exactly when a guy just considers me as a friend or when he's flirting. I really need people to be specific. Please be specific and give examples! Thanks!

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

Most Helpful Opinion

• Usually, a guy is flirting unless he has a significant other, likes someone else, or is homosexual. Also, a guy might not always know he is flirting, or might not be intentionally flirting. Guys are simple (and often blunt) human beings. Mostly, we just say what comes to mind, and aren't trying to be sneaky or anything like that. If we know how to flirt, then we'll be flirting intentionally. Otherwise, it's just happening, whether anyone likes it or not. Sometimes a nice guy will be friendly at first so he can get to know you and maybe ask you out. Other times, flirting and being nice/friendly are the same exact things, even if we don't mean for it to be that way.

• So for example, if a guy walks up to you and says something that doesn't really need to be said because its so obvious (like saying its raining when its raining) he just wants to talk to you? Does that mean he likes you?

• Thats really good advice! Thanks :)

What Guys Said 3

• For the longest time, I thought my wife was flirting... She has a great ass, and every chance she had, I got to see it (respectably, of course). Until one day, when I asked "Hey, why are you always teasing me, bending over shamelessly in front of me? --- and she said the most profound thing: "Chris, I LOVE you. I was just trying to get your attention. Do I have it now? --- and I was like "yeAH!"

• Haha I liked the personal story! Thanks for the advice :)

• Hun, the thing that you need to realize about guys, is that we are VERY SIMPLE. We don't send signals like guys. If it seems like a guy likes you, HE DOES. If he looks at you a lot, he likes you. If he goes out of his way to talk to you, he likes you. If you play sports or dance or whatever, and a boy goes to your game or recital or whatever, he likes you. If a guy appears to be flirting, he's flirting.

• Haha that is so true haha :]

What Girls Said 0

Be the first girl to share an opinion and earn 1 extra Xper Point!