• Ask
  • myTake

How often should you talk to someone you first start seeing?

So I met this guy a week ago and we were texting every day. I saw him 3 times last week, and he even ended up staying the night one of those nights... Show More

What Guys Said 1

• As a general rule, I think that in a new relationship you should see each other once or twice a week, and should talk perhaps every other day. Anything more and you risk getting wrapped up in someone and attached before you can determine if someone's a good match for you. The best way to handle this, I think, is to talk about it. Talk more about *behaviors*, less about feelings. I say that because behaviors almost always come before feelings -- not the other way around, as many people falsely believe. Establish some very clear boundaries and expectations. I mean to schedule your talks and your face-to-face meetings, kinda like a business arrangement. The benefit to this approach is that it's clear and specific, but flexible. You can reevaluate and adjust as you go. He might distance himself because he's been hurt and has a hard time trusting others. If so, discuss it -- but discuss behaviors. Learn which *behaviors* you can do (or avoid) to improve trust between you. Good luck!

What Girls Said 1

• start off talking about movies and other topics even ask him questions about sports guys love sports to know a guy for three weeks to be cuddling up with him is rather fast if you feel you are too clingy it never hurts to slow down just pre occupy yourself sometimes guys are preoccupied with other things if you want to get in side his head ask him quetions not too many oh and hang with him and his friends because his friends will tell how he thinks by how they act that's why they are friends because they relate don't ask his friends questions though slow down with him observe him listen to him if your not talking and he's asks why your so quiet tell him it's because you want to hear what he thinks because his opinion or thoughts or even interest matter