How often should you talk to someone you first start seeing?

So I met this guy a week ago and we were texting every day. I saw him 3 times last week, and he even ended up staying the night one of those nights (we just cuddled). Do guys start talking to a girl a lot and then realize they need to slow down so they put communication on hold or not as frequent? It's just weird hearing from a guy constantly and then when you don't, you wonder. I talked to him Sunday in the morning and then he texted me at night and was like, "Night sweetie". I texted him when I was at work yesterday morning and we did that a few times back and forth. I asked what his plans for the day were and he said WoW (world of warcraft). So I assume he played that all days and that's why I haven't heard from him. So I was gonna wait til he texted me again cause I don't like to appear clingy by talking to a guy every day. I'm wondering if I don't hear from him in a day or two if something is up.

He did also tell me has trust issues due to past relationships with the girl either cheating on him or just not knowing what she wanted in the end. Would a guy distance themselves a bit for that reason alone? Maybe he thought things were progressing too fast since we were seeing each other a lot and talking to each other a lot and it was only the first week. Or maybe he just simply wanted 'me' time?

Thoughts? From a guys perspective, do you think we were talking/seeing each other too much? I just wish I could get into his head and I can't.