Reality Series- "Jersey Shore"- What's your opinion?

I am a native New Jerseyian, and I watch this series purely for the entertainment. It astounds me that people actually try out for these shows for 5 minutes of fame. I would not want my private life taped and viewed to millions of people.

What is your opinion of the show? The cast?

I am looking forward to this feedback.

35

Most Helpful Guy

• I think that the show HAS to be staged. There are a lot of things that go on there that HAVE to be scripted, like for example, Vinny COINCIDENTALLY going home with the boss's daughter, and the archetypal cast member who gets thrown off early on in the show.

Personally I think everyone on the show, if this is who they really are, are all the bottom feeders of life. They're the type of people who give the entire human race a bad name, and every time I see it, I think about EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM "Nobody could possibly be that skanky/slutty/self-centered/fake/stupid/idiotic/etc."

Sponsored

What Guys Said 4

• jesus christ. the fist pumping is f***ing rediculous hahah I couldn't stop laughing. I'm from central jersey area and I go down to the shore every summer for a week with a couple kids and rent a house and one time we went to seaside heights. holy crap. big mistake. guidos and guidettes everywhere all trying to fight us and hit on our girlfriends and turn them into guidettes it was just a crappy week spent going to other beaches haha. the show is just...dumb. its gotta be fake but it describes guidos so well. I watched the show at my off campus house down in north carolina and all his friends are asking "is that what its like in new jersey?" and yeah in a way its true but people will start sterotyping jersey and making fun of it worse than it already is.

by far my favorite character on the show is "the situation" because he's an idiot and whoever is named "the situation" is definitely just...yeah. all in all I think the show blows, id rather watch murder she wrote

• I am a native New Yorkian and have some guidoness in my DNA so I dig the cast and show, I just don't watch it that often.

• it's entertaining, but it gives us NJ people a bad name...

• it is hilariously awful

What Girls Said 3

• I watched part of an episode and felt like I got dumber. They're kind of gross lol

• I've watched a few minutes of it here and there. but for everything I've heard, it's stupid and a waste of time so I don't bother sitting through an entire episode.

• I am a native New Jerseyan and let me tell you this show is definitely my guilty pleasure.

So many people talk about how offensive and stupid the show is but honestly what can you expect?! Its a reality show which is there to simply entertain us...and it does! I applaud the people who go out for these shows because they let tons of strangers view them around the clock - even during their most vulnerable days...i could and would never!

Anyway...I like the show - its so ridiculous that its funny. && the fact that I can relate to SOME of their shore moments (the drama, boys, etc) makes me laugh even harder!