I have a scar on my face...?

I have a scar on my face that I got when I was 4, and it really really bothers me. Here's a couple weird pictures of me: link link But the thing is I find myself smiling ALL the time to try and cover it and my cheeks kill by the end of the day ha. I just wish it would go away. Advice? :(

Thanks so much everyone :) I went to a plastic surgeon and she said she can almost completely get rid of it. But it hasn't been bothering me as much because of your comments.

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

Most Helpful Opinion

• My boyfriend has a large scar on the left side of his face near his eye, and I love it. It's something that makes him unique. You shouldn't feel so self-conscious of your scar. If you constantly worry about it and draw attention to it, others will make a bigger deal of it. If it's really something that you can't grow into, there are skin treatments that can diminish the look of the scar such as microdermabrasion or line fillers. These aren't permanent and often require quite a bit of money, but I suggest do whatever it takes to make yourself happy. You're a beautiful girl, but I know that no one telling you that can make you love yourself. Just be happy.

What Guys Said 6

• Hardly noticeable.

• no biggie, most guys won't care and I mean very few will actually find it a problem, I have a scar that runs across my left eyebrow too but its not too bad. anyway your scar is fine, don't worry :)

• Its not as bad as you think. Yeah, its noticeable, but it doesn't really look bad.

• If I wasn't searching for a scar, I wouldn't have noticed anything. I wouldn't worry about it.

• I don't think you need to cover that up. Something like that might surprise a guy at first, but from then it'll only be something that he'll like about you. It's looks pretty cute on you. ; )

• Its not that bad, either accept it or possibly look into plastic surgery if it is possible to remove it if it is affecting you psychologically in negative way. If someone is into you it won't make a big difference. You stress over it more than people do, they probably don't really notice or care that much or it just comes up in conversation. I have a scare near my eye when I got when I was little, no stiches so big scar tissue mark, rarely if anyone raises it with me.

What Girls Said 6

• When I was little my dog bit my face. I have many scars from it around my mouth. I hated them when I was in middle school and in 9th grade. I tried everything to make them go away. I tried foundation and that mederma scar removal but neither worked. Around 10th it didn't bother me as much. I realized that my scars don't make me look bad its just part of the way I look. It adds character. I learned not to let it bother me. I now know that my scars don't make me look any less beautiful. I still don't like them but I learned to not let them bother me. My boyfriend actually likes my scars. He thinks they make me look even more sexy and bada**. lolJust learn to live with it if you accept you for how you are your life will be much easier. Don't try to hide them and willing them to go away won't work. Trust me I have tried. After I accepted them I found it a lot easier to be my self because unlike your scars mine show more when I smile so I always tried not to smile which is very hard for me. I always smile and now I feel comfortable smiling. Just stop fretting on the little things. Think of positives to having the scar. I think of mine as a memory it might not be a great memory but I loved my dog even though he bit me and I feel like my scar keeps him in my life in some way.

• You don't need to try and hide it cause it doesn't look bad.. relax :)

• You're really pretty! Yes, I see the scar you're talking about, but just chill. No one is perfect, and I think your face is about an 8 (10 in goddess. NO ONE is 10. 5 is average)

• Your scar actually gives your some character, it really doesn't look that bad. But if your not comfortable in your skin then I recommend you check this out: link We had a class on this. It really is worth every penny, it might be able to get rid of your scar or make it less noticeable. Or you can try the air brush make up; that will temporarily cover it completely.

• well I think you're pretty darn cute! I hope the scar hasn't shattered your confidence because it definatley sets you apart from other people, it makes you unique and I would definatley not judge you based on a barely noticable scar. keep your head up, I know there's a lot of boys out there who would do anything do date a pretty girl like you =)

• i think you are beautiful :) scars and marks like that add character. you just have to be proud of it..it you love the scar on your face everyone else will to..i know its probably easier said than done..but trust me your gorgeous with or without it.