Will a man that I'm married to leave me eventually if I don't want children?

I'm not married yet but id love to be married tough but I have no compassion for children. I don't take myself as bitter for this its just a personal preference I have towards living my life in the future. And I know my feeling won't change later on either...

828
Sponsored

What Guys Said 28

• There are some things that need to be discussed before a relationship starts. One of those is whether you both want or don't want children. You both need to know or you won't be happy. So you need to discuss that before you fall in love.

• This is something a couple will talk about before progressing into something as important as marriage.

If such a crucial and expected talk is not had and the couple continues with marriage, it depends on the guy (as an individual) as to whether or not he will be unwilling to continue the marriage because his partner doesn't want kids while he does. It depends if it's an aspiration or dream that he's had that outweighs remaining in a loving but incompatible relationship.

• Stop viewing life as being all about you. What are you giving the next generation? What fruit will be yielded through them due to your influence? How open are you to new ideas? Loathing children suggestes serious unresolved issues. The change has to start happening today. Starting with questioning and challenging your own presuppositions.

I'd love to have a kid, if I could afford to. That would mean finding a woman who feels the same way, and who'd be willing to chance it with me. So far, not much luck.

• yes if he wants children and you don't want children how he feels very strongly about having children he'll leave you for someone go give him The Offspring he desires

• Yes, probably about age 40 when his career is advancing and he needs purpose. That's when first the pleas and then the eventual divorce happens, and maybe you preemptively file, loot his earnings, destroy his career and leave him with few options to rebuild at 42. Be crystal clear about this before the clothes come off.

• if he is a dick head

• Children are a natural by-product of marriage. Unless you are in a sexless marriage they will come. Men want kids most of the time, it's biology as do women. My wife and I chose not to have kids. When we married, she was 32 and I 39. Three years later her biological clock kicked in and now we have a girl and a boy. We were ok not having kids but you have to consider what may change. When the Mrs. told me that she wanted kids, we talked about it at length and discussed it as it's a financial and emotional decision as well as an 18-year commitment. The next thing I know, she's planning for it like we are invading France. LOL. Food for thought.

• Well that's interesting...

As a guy who see children as hideous Tax burden creatures. I would recommend that you find a partner who have very big dreams, as most of the time he would see kids as a step back,

There for he will not lose the spark to keep working or building his career, but the trick here is to keep the relationship interesting.

I get bored of everything so easily, i can't find any girl or guy who would keep me interested- I'm Bisexual- so it's not that easy but success is an addiction

• This risk is certainly higher, but if you're very upfront about it, and he is of a like mind, you can improve your chances.

• If he does want children, then yes, but that's something you should discuss before marriage.

• It's very likely he will leave you. but it's best you discuss these things with the person before marrying them.

• He won't marry you in the first place, if he wants kids

• It's depends on how badly he wants kids. If he's ambivalent about it, he'll probably stay. I always knew I wanted one or more children, but I was very clear about that with my SO. I love my SO and don't want to leave her, had she not wanted kids I would have though. It's easier to find love again than to resign to the fact that you won't have children

• depends upon person to person

• If you can't make a compromise then it's best to find someone who doesn't want kids. My mom had my sister and I because she wanted to marry my dad and she has felt resentment to us for it this whole time so much that she is in the process of divorcing my dad. So for the sake of my predicament please talk about it and be 100% honest with yourself

• if a guy loves you enough he will forgo children for you... the problem is that, if, in his subconcious mind, he wants kids he will blame you punish you and sabotage the relationship without knowing or understand why.

• Some might, others won't.
    I could live with it.

• that's a discussion you probably should have had before you got married because that can definitely be a deal-breaker when you have someone that wants to have a family

• Quite possibly. Just be open with the guy before you're married. Have that planned out ahead of time and there shouldn't be any problems.

• I'm a man n I don't like children... What's the issue... U will get married happily believe me but yea do agree before marriage

• I meet a girl who was 29 and said that she didn't want kids, for me was great but I didn't feel like she met her expectations in me.
    She said she recently broke up with a guy maybe was too soon or she's attracted by her colegues who traveled

• make that clear before you get married. make it extremely known you'll be fine

• according to time u hve to change...
    actually life just short and you can spend it alone too...
    as you have been done in your childhood!!

• but why?

• depends on the man really

• probably yes

• It depends on whether he wants them enough for it to be a deal-breaker, although how you would get as far as marrying someone before finding out you have completely different views on starting a family I do not know.

• there are really no men out there who do "not want children". especially when you're an only child, and male.. you need to keep the family name going, like myself.

What Girls Said 8

• Probably if he wants to one day have kids... unless you're willing to adopt.

Some men don't want kids so if you many one of those men, I highly doubt he'll leave you:)

• There are men out there who are okay with not having any kids. Just be honest with them when you start dating.

• This is fundamentally one of the most important subjects you need to discuss with any future partner before entering a relationship/marriage.

• It's something that you can not compromise on.
    I discussed this with my partner before I moved in with him.

• That's ok to feel like that I did too but now three children later wouldn't change it for the world and anyway if you choose never to have any then make that very clear when you do get close to someone good luck x

• All you have to do is find someone who doesn't want children. You're not the only one in the world who doesn't want kids for sure... That is a huge factor in where relationships end up so make sure that you make it known in the beginning.

• Then you'd better find a guy who doesn't want kids. Don't string a guy along if he wants to be a dad.

• Only if he want to