• Ask
  • myTake

Why do females call THEMSELVES bitches and hoes?

I don't understand how a woman can demand respect from people; however, she can't even refer to herself in a decent manner? " I'm the baddest... Show More

Most Helpful Opinion

• It's all about the way it's used, just like the N-word. People use it for friends, or as an insult. Just depends on your intention.

I personally never call anyone a bitch, including myself lol, but from what I've seen that's why it's used different ways.

What Guys Said 0

Be the first guy to share an opinion and earn 1 extra Xper Point!

What Girls Said 6

• Personally, I find calling anyone, including yourself, a bad b***h, hoe etc. degrading, regardless of whether it's said in a joky way, seriously, in songs whatever. How can you call yourself an animal? It's especially sad that using it has become so casual and accepted! Goes to show how disrespectful our societies are becoming. Haha and asker, I totally agree, how can one demand respect if you are degrading yourself? It's illogical

• I do that with close friends. We will be like "Hey bitch" or "love ya bitch", but we don't shout it out to public or announce it. I wouldn't want a guy to think its OK to disrespect me like that so we do it in private

It depends how it is used. If some random guy told me I was a bad bitch, I would be pissed because he doesn't know me like that. If my bff did it then that's fine. But if we get into it and she *calls* me a bitch then that's totally different too!

• Well, I never say things like "I'm a sexy bitch" but I do say that I'm kind of a bitch and sometimes I will jokingly call a close friend that. It just seems to me that bitch is often used to describe a girl who is strong, knows what she wants, doesn't play games and doesn't take crap, at least that's what guys seem to think. So when I call myself a bitch that's what I'm referring too. If I think someone I don't like is a bitch it's because I don't like her attitude. But you're right it's not really proper.

• It mainly all depends on the girl. I myself have never called myself a bitch, but I know girls who have.When they say something like "I'm a sexy bitch", it's like a confidence booster. But we think when a guy or someone we don't care for that much calls us a bitch or hoe, it's out of disrespect. We'll call our friends that jokingly but we will also get offended if we don't know them like that. It's not a proper way to approach someone.

• Bitches and hoes are just words. If i said it in Spanish would that make it any less demeaning?

0/2500