Do you think guys should have a say in abortion?

Like should a woman be able to kill a father's baby?

I see both sides...it is the woman's body overall that must nurture the and house the hild for 9 months...

but at the same time how come a guy can be expected to pay child support and yet have no say in what happens up until then...there really isn't any fair solution in my mind. However, I have heard there have been cases were men have been let out of child support if a woman got prego on purpose even when she agreed not to.. (like poking holes in condoms/not taking the pill stuff I mean). But that's another story...

Basically people should figure it out before they mess around ideal.

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000 characters

Most Helpful Opinion

• "Basically people should figure it out before they mess around.." I totally agree. A really good friend of mine got pregnant and her boyfriend told her she had to chose either him or the baby, because if she didn't have an abortion he was leaving...it hurt hurt, a lot to have to chose. I think that because the woman will have the most responsibility of taking care of the child and it is her body its her final choice. But also agree that it should be discussed by both parents, as they are both involved,(ive talked with my boyfriend about it and the decision would definitely be made by both of us) I know lots of guys who wouldn't care/wouldnt want 2 have anything to do with it and its really cool that you actually care. I also wander why if a drunk driver were to cause the death of a pregnant woman he would be charged with killing two people, but if earlier that same day the mother had gotten an abortion then there's nothing wrong with it. Some things just don't make sense and there's nothing you can do about it :/

• Yea. And I do agree that the decision should be made by both of them and not one sided.

• Yea...i should mention that when I said this..I was msotly talking about when the girl wants toa bort and the guy wants the kid...i don't think a guy should ever be able to force a girl to get an abortion. that's disgusting.

What Girls Said 6

• I only agree with abortion in two circumstances. If a girl was raped or if the pregnancy can put the mothers life in danger. Obviously a girl isn't going to ask her rapist for an opinion, and I would hope a guy wouldn't want the child to live if he knows the mother is going to die. In any circumstance people should realize that having sex leads to children, so it's not really an accident when the girl gets pregnant. I think if an accidental pregnancy occurs it should have been talked over beforehand. The couple should have agreed on what to do before having sex. Hope this helps! (:

• I think a woman should take the father's opinion into consideration, but ultimately it has to be her decision. He does have a right to have a say in the matter but at the same time, like you pointed out, it is her body and life, not his, no matter how amazing a dad he could be.

• I can't but the country could. If Roe V. Wade gets overturned then yes, women who get aobrtions will be in trouble (or at least the people who perform it will). And I mean its becoming more restricted...in Nebraska its been pelled bacj, PB aobrtions were outlawed in 2003 and the law was upheld in 2007. The pro-life movement is making progress in creating more restritcions. And like I said ALL LAWS RESTRICT FREEDOM...can you tell me I can't rape a girl? how dare you tell me what to do w my life!

• Uggh OK this is the last post I'm doing because we clearly cannot agree and I refuse to waste more time. The slavery issue was furthered by a history of economic and political as well as social that hindered equality. If anything, these factors would prevent further legalization of abortion. Bottom line, this is it, you cannot force a woman to adhere to your moral code, especially when it impacts her life in an extreme way,

• "in your personal life but I believe it is unfair and wrong if you to force others to comply with your beliefs by supporting a law." I never said I supported a law against abortion or not. However, if you back in the days when most americans believed slavery was protected then would it be wrong for you to "force your view" on the slave owning Americans? I mean, all Laws are about enforcement...thats all they are.

• Show Older
  • i think that a guy should have a say in whether they keep the kid or not. But the overall decision shouold be the girls because she's gotta go through the 9 months of carrying it and then the pain of giving birth.

But guys should b able to say what they think

• Ask any kids who are in foster homes if they wish they were dead..I doubt hardly any would argue they do...and if they do..they would commit suicide. The child has a right to live. Let me ask you this...if suddnely a 6 month old was in siatuiation where it life would end up difficult..would you kill it? Why is a child's right to live optional just because it is in a different location?

• So your saying that you don't care if the kid ends up in care as long as its born?

u'd let the kid go through a hard life because one of the parents don't love it?

are you insane! I'd rather have an abortion than letting the child go through a hard life where they won't be loved like a child should be.

• Theres enough kids that were killed int eh womb too...and who knows what will happen to a child...many people who have had huge impacts came from poverty or were adopted. The end deosn't justify the means evne if the kid has trouble later....every human being deserves a right to be alive...and whatever happens after that is left up to fate to decide...but no life should be cut short by another person.

• Show Older
  • It's biology, and life's not fair

Your consent to having a child was given when your penis entered her vagina

It may not have been the result you wanted but it is your parting gift for playing the game

The law has no say on what the woman must to do with the baby in her stomach because as of the 1st 9 months the baby is her body

Her body Her choice

And no I don't think a man should have a say on what happens to the baby once she is impregnated because that means abdicating a womans' right to her own body and no one has right to that.

I understand the imense despair when the woman wants an abortion and the man doesn't, but this world is too corrupt to put in place grounds for authority or a man to determine the outcome of a woman's life against her will. It's against the human rights amendment

• What is the human rights amendment?

• It can't be charged as homicide in my country. But if you are saying that in your legal system, he can be charged as a murder...thats makes sense because he he had no right to destroy the woman's prerrogative to carry the baby.so, if she lost her baby because of others' fault....(and it can't be return as the stage it was before)...it's fair to punish him, but why would the woman be punished if she decide to have an abortion, if she's ONLY exercising her right, which is given by law?

• Q asker: You're right her consent was given when she opened her legs as his was given when he had sex with her

It is her body, the baby is not an independant BY LAW

Yes a woman can kill the baby against the man's will

No the baby doesn't have human rights until it's born

Listen, I get it, it sux and it is completely unfair and these are not necessarily my views but it is how the judicial system views a womans' choice and an unborn child

IT IS NOT FAIR, BUT THAT IS HOW IT IS

• Show Older
  • I believe the guy has a right in what happens to the fetus. Because he helped make it, so he should have a say in the final decision to keep, abort or give up for adoption.

I dated a guy... and I wanted to talk it out before anything happened. "If I got preg... what would you think we should do?" I asked one day outta curiosity. His reply? "I don't care. Its your body. You do what you want to do" That hurt like hell... He helped make it, but doesn't want a say in what option is chosen? I think guys should WANT to give an opinion and a say in the end choice.

• Me either...and I'm even a guy lol

• I was really hurt. Because you can't make a baby on your own... so can one really decide what is best for the probably baby and what to do as a couple alone too? Sure... but it would be a harder decision. I told him, I would keep it if I ended up pregnant. He said OK, I'll be there IF you need me. Jee... so now he tells me he doesn't really want to be there? Idk... I don't understand why SOME guys don't want to be active in this choice...

• Wow...u were hurt? That's acctually a good thing...I'd love to be with a girl like you who actually has a desire for her boyfriend to care about her and the baby...I know what you mean I don't get guys that just do whatever...how can you not feel a connection to your own flesh and blood (or what might become your child anyway)...don't get it, I would definitely care.

• I agree with your last paragraph... but overall, do you have a better option? I think that how the things are, is already the closer of what could be consider as "fair" as possible... because it's not acceptable that a guy could force the girl and her body to keep the baby or to have an abortion. Remember that your prerrogative and right finishes when the other starts...and it's unquestionable that the woman has the right to decide the future of her body and baby... So I'm not saying that the perfect solution, but the more reasonable

• Thats sad.

• I wasn't aware you could read emotions....thanks for trying to patronize me...and if what you described is the case in brazil...its different from the u.s....i believe in exceptions...but in america you can pretty much do it whenever you want...

• And how old are you? you sound nervous and stressful if the other person don't say what you want to listen...sounds like a baby (sorry, but truth)...thats not how life is...if you continue with this behaviour, you'll suffer a lot through the situations in life... If you can't deal with answers, don't ask questions, period!

• Show Older

What Guys Said 4

• yeah as a guy obviously I think so. what people don't uderstand is that you said just "having a say in".

it is not fair for either side to have full control. it is mutual, therefore both parties should have to decide together

• Personally I think it's the womans body so let her do whatever the hell she wants with it (ie; flicking off all pro-lifers by getting an abortion)

However, I think that if the man makes it obvious from the very beginning that he has no interest in having a child and that he will not support it (as should be his choice) then he has the option of paying towards an abortion or the mother can choose to raise the child alone. Rather than the man having to support a child he didn't want because of the choices of others.

• Well, I don't agree with Roe vs Wade, but since it is the law of the land (legislated from the judiciary, but still the law I guess) I believe that men should be able to have their version of abortion. If a woman is pregnant the father should have the option of waiving all parental rights in exchange for all parental responsibilities, which is exactly what a woman can do when she gets an abortion. The constitution guarantees equal protection under the law, which we don't have right now because women have options men don't.

So, until we get this 'baby killing is okay" misunderstanding straightened out, we really need something in place to ensure men have the same rights as women,

• Agreed...we should take being "pro-choice" full circle.

• Why would the dad NOT have a say? If it's a deadbeat dad then he forfeited his right to speak on anything, but if he is a family man then he should 100% have a say in all matters.

• I agrre but how can you measure that? plus I mean I don't think a deadbeat would care anyway.