What does white guys consider dark skin?

I was talking to this white guy and he said he likes dark skin?When you typically say dark skin around which type of skin tone do you usually visualize in your mind?Shakira (lightest "dark")Selma HayekChristina MilianEva PigfordGabrielle Union Kelly RowlandAlek Wek (darkest "dark")

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

Most Helpful Opinion

• I` m not sure what white guys think but speaking as a pale gal to me the following is what I see as light and darkShakira has a light skin tone as does Selma HayekChristina Milan is a tanned colorEva Pigfors is darkGabrielle Union is darkKelly Rowland is DarkI wanna be as tanned as Christina Millian for a while

• Your most welcome

• Lol thank you for your input.

What Guys Said 5

• Tan or darker for me.To black , even purple.

• Gabrielle Union is dark.

• Maybe somewhere between Gabrielle Union and Alex Wek id say, Eva Pigford seems quite light

• :P, yeah nothing wrong with it I perfer to call them dark beauties though, gabrielle union is awsome she is one of favorite actors, unfortunately she doesn't seem to get that many roles :(

• Lol oh okay then yeah that makes sense. Thank you I like being dark skinned and I have always loved Gabrielle Union.

• Haha, that's understandable but I think they were probably speaking in context, I mean a white person generally isn't as dark as a black person so speaking in terms of what's dark in a white to a black person is different. Nothing wrong with being a 'dark skin' black girl though gabrielle union looks gorgeous :)

• Show Older
  • Darker than mine.

• Lol. No problem. I was joking anyways :P

• I didn't think you would have pictures up because of you main image. Sorry.

• You don't have the ability to click on my name and look at pictures of me? Duh. In those pictures my skin is a little darker. Something about my camera makes my skin just a bit lighter than it actually is.

• Show Older
  • Olive colored skin.

• Um did you try to google that before you asked me to because that pretty much didn't help at all 5 different people came up that skin tones usually aren't too similar.

• No need for names. Google "Italian Olive skin"

• Well there's different shades that's considered olive so can you give me a name of a person as an example?

What Girls Said 4

• For some reason I feel like white people consider anyone darker than Beyonce to be dark LOL. Whenever you look in the drugstore makeup section and they have labels, Fair, Light, Medium, Tan, and Dark...dark is always like a light skinned black girl. Keep in mind they are going off of what they are used to. In my eyes Kelly Rowland and darker is dark skinned. I would consider Gabrielle brown and anyone lighter than Eva light skinned. Salma and Shakira are just white to me.

• Shakira's skin isn't dark and neither is Selma Hayek. Just because it's not pale and white doesn't mean it's dark.Shakira and Selma Hayek - tanChrstina Milian - light skinned with a yellow toneEva Pigford - charamel skin toneGabrielle Union - buttery brown skinnedKelly Rowland - brown skinnedAlek Wek - dark skinned

• LMAO I can't believe most white people are saying gabrielle union and kelly rowland are dark! this is SO surprising to me because I'm gabrielle u.'s color, a little lighter, and a LOT of people consider me light skinned. this is more of what my skin color is like: link so ridiculous to me.

• Girl stop you are not light skinned to anyone unless you live in Sudan somewhere.

• Nope, you're the one using caps trying to emphasize what you're saying like you felt a certain way. I was letting you know whatever you're trying to say isn't helpful. Arrogant about what? I'm telling you the facts I wanted to know what white guys thought...not you. I'm being honest this whole time if you take that as rudeness I can't help that.

• so are you mad? pull the stick out of your ass and stop being so arrogant. I don't see why there was a reason to be rude

• Show Older
  • I think tanner skinned people are considered dark for a lot of white people but everyone is different. you should just ask the guy what he personally considers dark to be. personally I think dark on the scale of all races and skin tones starts with christina milian. she's light for a person of color but she is still dark compared to more european latinas and certainly compared to most white people.