Is being nice a bad thing?

people have told me that I'm too nice, like ill be with friends and they will be making fun of something and they will be like, oh she won't say anything because she is too nice. I didn't think this was a bad thing, but I can't seem to interest a guy. do guys avoid nice girls for some reason?

Most Helpful Guy

• Good Question. Being nice is a great quality, but you have to know where to draw the line. There has to be boundaries that people should not cross with you. There's a quality of being nice or the bad characteristic of being a complete push over. You can't allow yourself to be a doormat for everyone to step on.

Depending on the person, people perceive being nice as a weakness or a blessing. Nice people will want to be friends with you, while the others will just want to take advantage of your kind nature to see how far they can get.

Be Smart. Be Wise. The last thing you want is someone to exploit your qualities for their own satisfaction.

What Guys Said 13

• There is nothing wrong with being too nice as long as you don't allow yourself to become a door mat.

Typically speaking, being "too nice" is usually a euphemism for something else, like not being confident or assertive enough.

But in this case, it sounds like your friends are jerks. They call you 'too nice' for not making fun of something? I would be willing to bet you're average on the scale, and they are just mean haha.

Like Koncieved said, nobody likes a bitch.

I vote you keep being an awesome nice girl.

• No, being nice is not a bad thing. Of course, there's a difference between being nice and being a door mat. Don't be so nice that you let people push you around and treat you badly. That's usually what people mean when they say somebody is "too nice".

• It's not a bad thing to approach a bloke and make the first move. Sometimes being nice gets in the way of saying important things, people worry about how someone will react. Most guys (the ones worth being with) hope to meet nice girls but often don't have the courage to make a move!

• Not at all, in fact, I usually avoid the mean girls. Being sweet is cute in my books.

• hey there's nothing wrong with a nice girl but if your friends are saying those kinda things about u, there jzt tryin 2 get you 2 live a little... guys also like an exciting fun gurl...that or you hav some messed up friends

More from Guys
8

What Girls Said 5

• there's nothing wrong with being nice. I agree with what Xenophobia said. He pretty much summed it up. All I can say is be yourself, forget those who don't like you for who you are. Being too nice or too pushy isn't a good thing. Keeping it balanced and not beig as nice as you usually are is alright when someone tries to cross your line. People would most likely respect your side if you have a good reputation opinionate(not a word lol) so don't fret to what you have to say etc.

Not all guys ignore nice girls and the ones that do just don't know what they're missing out on :) ignore them.

• there is nothing wrong with being a good girl. unfortunately at a younger age the majority (not all) of men are just interested in scoring and 'nice' girls are less likely to give it up as easily as skanks, this is why they go after these girls, they don't need to work too hard to get what they want.

• being nice only screws you if you are a guy, not a girl

• I doubt you being nice has anything to do with guys being or not being interested in you. Being nice is a great quality as long as you don't allow people to walk all over you. As long as you're yourself guys will like you, but not all of them will be worth your time so be careful who you choose.

• I'm nice and I know how you feel. I attract the bad boys, but I tend to like them...yes nice girls can get guys. There needs to be more nicer people out there. There's a difference between being nice and wearing your heart on your sleeve. Be nice but don't let them take advantage of you. Protect yourself from getting hurt. :)