If a guy is short and the girl likes tall guys, can the short guy somehow counterbalance his "deficiency"?

If a guy is short and the girl likes tall guys, can the short guy somehow counterbalance his "deficiency"? If, so with what?

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

Most Helpful Opinion

• I'm taller, and I usually like guys who are taller than me, however there have been a few guys that are a lot (like 5 or 6 inches ) shorter than me that have also caught my eye.. The key is to not be concious about your height, and just to take it as it is.. If you have a great personality, more girls will over look the minor physical flaws (as you would say) I your personality is great.. On the down side of things, if you're always whining , and complaining about being short.. Good luck finding a girl then. Because a girl wants a guy who has a decent level of self respect, and self esteem, and if you're constantly pointing out what you think are your flaws, well then that's showing the girl that you lack both self respect and self esteem.. Heights clearly something that you cannot change, so most people shouldn't be stupid about the fact that you're a little bit shorter than the rest.. And if they give you a hard time about it, then clearly they aren't the right one for you any ways (:

What Girls Said 10

• he can wear heels. or he can just be confident that his personality will outshine his shortness. It may be that the woman is insecure so he may want to just let her go anyways. But honestly I prefer tall guys but if a short dude had a lot of what I wanted height would not be an issue.

• depending on what city you are in. yes he should have his own car. if he lived in NYC it might not be necessary to have a car but still would be nice.

• what do you mean with "have transportation"? have his own car? lol... I'm not a native English-speaker, you know. :)

• for me I like him to be ambitious, have a career and goals, smart/intelligent, confident, in shape, have transportation, a steady job, financially responsible and his own place. Height for me can be overlooked and I have dated shorter me but none of them really had much going on . they were extremely nice though but their height alone is not what discouraged me. On another point one of my best gay guy friends is 5'7" (I'm 5'4" ) and if he wasn't gay I would be first in line to date him.

• Show Older
  • I like tall guys. So much so that all of my ex boyfriends where ad least 30 centimeters taller than me. x)But keep in mind that those where just coincidences. I didn't seduce anyone on purpose, I didn't aim at getting tall boyfriends, it just happened because our personalities and interests matched. -and the crowd I hang out with only has very very tall men who know other very tall men..haha metalheads ^_^If the same thing happened with a shorter guy I'd do the same thing. So don't worry...

• A lot of girls like the guy to be some amount taller than them, but even saying that for most girls its just a preference. A great personality is enough to counteract most of girls preferences on the physical side. So the best way to counteract a girls physical preferences is to be yourself.

• for every girl that is different... Some girls want a guy with a great sense of humor and yet others want a guy who is more serious and some want the romantic while others want the more realistic. "A great personality" really just depends on the girl judging.

• what includes a "great personality"?

• yes, with his personalitymy boyfriend is an inch shorter than me (i'm 5'6) so I'm not that tall to begin with, so he's just shortbut I love him anyways because he's smart and funny and kind

• most girls prefer taller guys.. but unless theyre shallow they won't say no to a short one!

• some girls are gonna be douche bags and not even bother to give you a second glance because you are short. if she is one of these, then no.most girls I know, though they may prefer a taller guy, won't rule out a shorter guy completely if they get along well enough with him and he treats her with respect.however, no woman wants a whiner, whatever her preference is for stature. the worse thing any guy can do in any situation is have a "pity me" attitude or a constant sob story.never look at yourself as a deficiency. if you can't even respect yourself or have faith in yourself, it will be hard for another person to follow.

• I usually like tall-/er/ guys but that's cause I'm pretty short myself (someone has to be able to reach the top shelf!) However I have found myself attracted to shorter men - they usually don't have the small-man-complex (overcompensation - very unattractive) and they usually maintain their masculinity in some sense (and yes, I am dipping into the whole gender stereotype but bear with me) whether by gripping strongly when they touch me or claim their space as much as any other man.Basically I like guys who make me feel feminine, if you can still achieve that despite your height then yes, I'd get the hots for you.

• No, you shouldn't feel the need to overcompensate. If you're short, you're short -- that's it. So just live your life and hold your head up high. If you're trying to counterbalance for your "deficiency" you'll come off as fake, trying too hard, etc. and that turns women off. Napoleon complexes aren't cute, you'll just be insecure and alone.

• the only reason I like tall guys is because I'm tall myself (5'10")... but I often find shorter guys to be more attractive physically... so basically the short girls who want a tall guy need to expand their horizons because they can date pretty much any guy... unlike me who makes short guys feel uncomfortable and demasculated :/

• lol. yeah sounds about right :S but like the girls are saying, its all about how a guy carries himself.

• I dated a very short guy for 3 years. We started out as friends and never progressed any further for months because I'm not a fan of shorter guys. I know it's silly but just my preference. We got really close and since I fell in love iwth his personality, I overlooked his height. He was also very cute, clean cut guy that was in great shape and nicely dressed. if he hadn't had those characteristics, I doubt I would start dating him. He made me laugh and smile like no one else so that won me over.

• He took me for granted and treated me badly after awhile. I suspect he was also cheating on me and kept on going in and out of my life until I said goodbye forever. He has a fun and sweet personality, until he gets sick of you.

• What ended it?

What Guys Said 4

• I think you messed up your pronouns there =P. Anyway I just love tall girls, more so than short girls, but I'm also tall so it's a different perspective. I'm sure in a short guy / tall girl relationship there are many personality traits such as humor, sensitivity, kindness, and intimacy that can counterbalance the whole height thing.

• Sheetrocker's stilts and a duster.

• yea its called "dumping your ass and finding a better girl"its not a "deficiency"

• If you asked the girl out and she told you she wasn't interested because you are too short, forget it. You cannot counterbalance this sort of thing easily.On the other hand, if you know a girl likes tall guys but you haven't tested things out yet, then quit worrying and go for it.What matters most is attraction, and women are less affected by physical attributes than men. And attraction CANNOT BE CONTROLLED. So if you act very confident with her, if you are fun and humorous, that'll do better than growing 10 inches taller for you.

• I agree with this guy!

• for sme reasons I liked your answer.lol