Why do guys think girls HAVE to have flat stomachs?

i mean for most girls having a little stomach is healthy and don't guys want health girls? not boney girls who puke in th toilet after every meal

Most Helpful Guy

• so how many guys did you talk to? 2?

• meaning what? what side you on?

• science isn't very good at determing people's health. for example there are people that look slim but have bad cholesterol. but there are fat looking people but have good cholesterol. don't worry about it. find a guy that loves you for who you are and don be fake.

• oh I've already found him. and we are both extremely happy with eachother

What Guys Said 20

• I wish we ALL had flat stomachs!

Nothing makes guys/gals sexier, healthier or promotes what little physical assets they have than this ... something we all can influence but few do. I better get to my crunches, that said.

• "Why do guys think girls HAVE to have flat stomachs?" The ones YOU want to date do not.

• A flat, toned stomach does not mean a girl is unhealthy. It means she's active and keeps fit. A girl who lives an active lifestyle, active enough to be able to keep her fit when combined with good nutrition, will always be seen as more attractive for a number of reasons:

1. It shoes she has a rough-and-tumble adventurous side, meaning she's not afraid of getting dirty or breaking a nail in the name of having fun. A girl that's TOO girly, to the point where she won't engage in certain activities purely out of worry of messing up her hair or something else like that, is seldom seen as attractive and often seems high maintenance.

2. Fit = healthy and healthy adds to happiness. A person who is healthier will almost always enjoy life more and be more fun to be around.

3. A narrower waist in relation to the rest of the body IS a more feminine trait as it helps bring out the chest and hips more (accenting the overall womanly figure).

Flat does not equal bony and flat does not equal unhealthy. Your post speaks volumes of your insecurity. A person who takes care of themselves without going overboard and making it an obsession will ALWAYS be more attractive because of the picture of health, energy, and happiness they create.

• why does it either have to be anorexic or having a stomach? why not someone who eats well and enjoys going to the gym frequently...

• Flat stomach? If my wife ever had a flat stomach it was way before we met.

It's not a requirement. Actually a skinny mini can be a turn off.

More from Guys
15

What Girls Said 10

• omg. okay. this is late. there was a time in my relationship with my fiancee that I had a flat stomach. he was in love with my body. to the max. then I started getting sick and well kinda packed on some (40 lbs) pounds. I gaind a fanny pack of a pudge and love handles. he never told me that he disliked my body, but he stopped touching me, kissing me, giving me compliments, and started watching p*rn of (he would type in the search box) skinny busty girls. WOW. After discovering that, even though I was okay with me being the way I was (I got tired of trying to be small and subdue to society) I realized that I needed to change something. my insecurities and what he was doing was all because I stopped caring about my body. it's been 3 months, but I've lost 22 lbs of the 35 extra I gained and I feel better. totally. I told that story for this reason: maybe if you decided you've had enough of feeling like how you feel, you'll do something to fix it. I'm pretty sure if I looked like a p*rn star I wouldn't mind my fiancee watching it...but I do. see?

• They don't have to, I think it's just preferred. There are many girls with flat stomachs that don't resort to puking in the toilet to get them. Really though, a little tummy isn't bad, doesn't at all mean you're unhealthy.

• Same reason we like a sixpack on guys.

P.S. I don't puke in the toilet thank you very much. I work out and eat healthy.

• Sounds to me like you're jealous and insecure and think you have to refer to girls who are healthy and in shape as bulimic.Perhaps you should work on yourself before you put other girls down.

• I think what she is saying. Model types over half of them have some sort of eating disorder. They have flat stomachs. Then again there are some models who have flat stomachs by exercise. Then you have others who have great genes.
      I don't get the question... lol if you exercise and eat in a healthy maintained manner it really doesn't matter. Normally people who ask this have never been smaller than 175 lbs from teens to being an adult.

• I've always had a flat stomach and I'm pretty skinny and I EAT. Soo boo hoo, Quit whining. You don't have to be anorexic to have a flat stomach.

More from Girls
5