Will I die alone?

I'm not very social and prefer women that approach me and are outgoing. I work out a lot and besides working I spend a lot of time reading and volunteering. I'd like to get married but I won't make the first move and approach a woman. I don't think Ill end up alone because I have a high paying job... Show More

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't know what to tell you. There was a time in our society when it wouldn't have been so hard for you to find a woman. The irony is that for all the talk of gender equality and role reversals, things are worse than ever.

In the strange world that women live in, they'd rather give a chance to a guy who "acts like a man" but in reality is a bum who'd never be able to support them in a million years, than to a guy who could but doesn't fit the stereotypes they're looking for.

You're out there actually "being a man", making a living for yourself. Don't ever let any woman give you sh*t for that, just because you're not that actor they see on TV. You're a real man. And real men come in all shapes and sizes, and personalities too. You're a bit more on the passive side of the spectrum, but that doesn't make you any less of a man. Be confident in who you are.

If I were a woman, I'd think to myself that it's so much more important to find a guy who can "walk the walk" rather than just "talk the talk". Of course, if I were spoiled, I'd want both. But there are so many guys out there who make promises they can't keep. In biology, the female is looking for a male who can protect her and her young. Historically, in modern civilization, this corresponded to the guy who has a good job and high social status. If you go even further back before modern civilization, it corresponded to the guy who was physically toughest in combat.

But today, everything is fake and all people care about are appearances. Women want a guy who has the roar of a lion, even if he has the bite of a p**** cat. It's not just about being financially supportive either...

Women go for the guy who chases them the most, because they figure that guy is most serious. And why do women want a guy who is serious? Well, because deep down, they think that's the guy who is most likely to eventually marry them!

Sadly, that presupposition is flawed. So many guys who chase are not the marrying-type. I have a friend who is a total player, but something about the way he treats women makes them want to lose their virginity to him, give him kids and move in together. And of course, when they start acting like that, he immediately dumps them...after having sex of course. I used to feel sorry for the women, but now it just seems pathetic to me! Truthfully, I don't know if my friend will ever be happily married. He's been down that road before but always chickens out. He's not a bad guy really, but he's bad for women and most of them are just too blind to see why.

And to the women reading this, I'm not saying guys who chase are never serious. A guy who chases is interested in you, which is a good thing. But you have to realize that there is a difference between being interested and serious. To find a serious guy, you gotta look at other qualities. Some serious guys chase, some don't.

Sorry if this isn't helpful. When women finally mature, they're usually married. That's why we have so many divorces.

• Obviously I agree with this answer.