• Ask
  • myTake

Can someone help me please? I can't sleep or eat!

I recently broke up with my boyfriend. It started out as a mutual thing because he was being annoying and sarcastic/manipulative, and then a few... Show More

Most Helpful Opinion

• How long ago did you break up? Even a mutual break up is hard to take. I just went through one and didn't sleep or eat for over a month. At some point, you have to stop and think about all the reasons why you broke up. If it was mutual, then clearly you both knew something was wrong. Just stop and think about it and you'll start to realize why the break up happened and you'll remember all your reasons. Eventually you'll get over it, but you need to take the time to get over it before you start with someone else, or it'll be a mess. Right now, just take of yourself and don't worry about your ex or the new guy. Whatever is meant to be will eventually work itself out. Just worry about yourself for now.

• Thanks, and even though we broke up 2 weeks ago, he basically gave up all his hope for ever getting back together with me again today.

• It's probably for the best anyway. Besides, people don't change who or what they are, especially not after a few days or weeks. He'll still be the same and in the end you will still want to not be with him.

Was this helpful? Yes

0/2000

What Guys Said 3

• You met someone else in a few days.the relationship must've been not that serious. It seems "want wot you can't have" but I maybe wrong.i think to be fair to this new guy, you should slow things down with him.and see wot happens with you ex.

• seems to me like you got ur wish.u like the new guy.plus ur ex is already out of the picture.jus go out with him la

• Wanna get high?No.seriously, smoke a joint and you will want to eat and feel a little better!

• Yes! I feel like that would be a very good idea. I just need to find someone on campus who can help me out.

• Show Older
    • I really wanted to get high after my breakup too! Haha

• LOL Count me in, this semester has been ridiculous. Chill out a little bit. :)

What Girls Said 5

• When one of my ex's I really liked broke it up with me, it was very sad. I was pretty sad for a while. I actually cried and didn't eat for a while as well. but you will eventaull get ove rit with time and healing. If you haven't healed yet, I wouldn't jump into a new relationship righ away and take it slow. You're still in love with your ex, that is kind of problematic. You should start with a clean slate so you don't end up hurting this new guy or hurt yourself.

• Even if a break up is mutual it still takes time to 'get over it'. I think you need to sort out your feelings for your ex first before you can have a relationship with someone else. You don't want to be hung up on your ex because that will only hurt your new relationships. You can't still be in love with your ex and expect to have a good relationship with this new guy if you love someone else more.

• It seems like you are only missing your ex because you are worried about this new man staying interested. Maybe it's not so much about your ex as it is you wanting someone there for you? It's understandable and I just went through the same thing. It took me a long time to realize I wasn't sad my ex was gone, I was just worried about the future. DON'T WORRY ABOUT THE PEOPLE FROM YOUR PAST, THERE IS A REASON THEY DIDN'T MAKE IT TO YOUR FUTURE!

• Maybe the best thing for you to do is tell your ex and this new guy you need some time alone to figure out your feelings. When you know how you feel and if the new guy is still waiting for you or not, then you will know what to do.

What They Said On Facebook