• Ask
  • myTake

What does it mean when she says 'You'll never get married, like me...'

My friend and I were having a discussion. She told me 'I don't think you can get married' and she paused and then said 'like me, I never think about... Show More

Most Helpful Opinion

• I think your friend means well, just hard a hard time trying to explain herself. And really, it sounds like, well, you know how you can expect something, and want it a lot, and you end up pushing it away, or prolonging whatever it is. It's like putting so much pressure on something that it's hard for it to naturally happen. That's what I think she meant.

What's Your Opinion?

Add your opinion...

0/2000

What Guys Said 5

• You just need to take a break from the dating scene, take a vacation, hang out with friends more often, anything to relax your mind.There are good guys out there, you just need to know how to spot them. Take as long as you need to get yourself back into the right mindset, then start looking again when you're ready, not before.

• Thank you. ;*)

• Archer gul, don't listen to that crap coming out her yap... allz it means is ur friend don't know what she tawkin bout

• Not sure if you've taken any statistics courses, and it's been a while since I have, but if you simplify life and love as a roll of the dice, the results of the prior rolls have absolutely no impact on the next.Now abstracting the model further to real life, I totally believe in self-fulfilling prophecies. If you believe your next boyfriend will cheat on you, then you will behave and emanate signals that may drive him to do exactly that.So, combine the above two into a model for relationship success. The future is unknown and not predicated on the past. And your actions and behaviors in the present, can affect current and future outcomes.In other words, open your heart to love. Be selective, but understand we are all human and have faults. Don't let yourself fall into the trap that it will end badly. Do whatever you can to make it work. And if it does you're lucky. And if it doesn't, lather, rinse, repeat.Before you find your Prince Charming, you're going to find yourself dealing with some toads.Good luck. It will happen for you.

• see a therapist

• Lol, I'm sorry, but your answer sounds very cold, in four words, maybe shouldn't answer at all.

• Show Older
    • Sorry. how about I add on? To help your insecurity try meeting people slowly through friends and avoid big scenes. I don't blame you for not being able to talk to a guy emotionally because you've been hurt but try looking at guys as just normal people or possible friends and don't even go for the boyfriend status until you're ready to open up again.

• Insecure doesn't mean I will take shit from anyone. insecure means insecure. totally different. idk. still, it would have been better if you just wrote up what you jsut did minus the insecure thing lol. and - 'see a therapist'.

What Girls Said 0

Be the first girl to share an opinion and earn 1 extra Xper Point!

What They Said On Facebook