• Ask
  • myTake

Why is he becoming distant towards me?

Hi guys okay so my ex is my first boyfriend and we went out for 5 months, then we broke up, then we started talking again and then another situation... Show More

What Guys Said 1

• Boys are stupid, honestly. If he's not the most confident guy he probably thinks that you don't feel the same even though you say you like (or love?) him. We can ignore even the most direct signs and get confused over our own feelings.Basically to me it sounds like you two were together and broke up over a minor thing. Maybe you two weren't together a long time? But still you like each other and the way you describe it you two like each other pretty much.He called you, but he didn't come up with the truth right in spot. It simply means that he's unsure about how you'd react. I think it's in your best interest to maybe just go over to his place at evening (not too late) when you know he's alone so you two can talk. Be direct, tell him that you still have more feelings for him than friendship and that you'd like for you two to work 'it' out.Ask him what's going through his mind and tell him what's going through yours.In the end it's pretty likely that you'll be seeing each other more often, again, and that you'll talk more. This will be the time where you will learn if it is friendship or more.When you feel both of you made up your minds tell him. If he's a shy/unsure guy he most likely will find it really hard to come up with it first ;)hope I helped a bit.

• Hey thanx, you helped. that's what I am doing is giving him his space, it sucks, but that's the best thing to do, I will keep you guys updated!p.s. Still no call :(

What Girls Said 1

• He may not be confident and is probably concentrating on his new school. Just give him a bit of time and space so that he can settle in to his school. Send him a message asking how he is and let him know that you care about him and if he ever wants to talk you are there for him.If he does not reply, don't worry, it probably means that he is busy. He may need some time to think and have space. Guys don't express there feelings as much as girls and can often freak out or get silly over things.Just don't worry, its nothing that you have done.If he does not reply to your txt, do not text him again for another couple of days other wise he will feel like you are crowding him. Any messages you do send him, just keep them light, asking how he is and how things are going. If he replies asking him if you can meet up and talk. If you do, just speak to each other alone. Be open and honest and let him know how you feel and say that you need to know how he feels so that you know where you stand.