• Ask
  • myTake

Bored of being single :(

im starting to get a little bit bored of being single! I've been single for 3 years now and boys have asked me out but I'm just looking for the right one! how can I find the perfect lad! please help x

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

Most Helpful Opinion

• You need to become a "chooser." Meaning, now that you are thrusting yourself into the dating scene, you need to start building a dating pool. The more men you date, the more you will be able to filter out the ones you feel are the best matches. Also, it will give you more options. If you meet a guy you like, but you realize he isn't interested the way you are in him, then there are others to spend time with.To boot, you are a woman. You are in control most of the time when it comes to picking who you want to date. I highly suggest that you hit on men, too. I'm serious. Why sit back and wait for a guy to say: "Hey what's up? I'm interested in you. What do you think?" As a woman, your chances of getting rejected by a man pale in comparison to that of his in the reverse scenario. Why not go out there and choose who you want to date? The more men you acquire in your pool, the more your options will abound. This may entice you to play hard-to-get with some of them. This is cool if you are really interested and know how to play the game. A perfect example of playing hard to get is when you are aloof, but still available; accessible, yet hard to nail down. See what I mean? It's a fun game if the guy likes to play, too. It can contribute significantly to to the success of building attraction from the opposite sex. Here's what I ask of you, though. If you aren't interested in a guy other than to just be friends, don't play around with his head in a way that makes him think you are playing hard-to-get. It can be confusing, and dangerous. You don't want a clinger/stalker on your hands! Some girls will use this tactic to keep a man in her life as an "orbiter," too. Meaning a guy who is there mostly for emotional support and to provide her with attention. If you are dating a guy, and you feel it isn't working out, then tell him. Be honest. You can go the "I just want to friends" way, but just be honest. It will save you time and from problems in the future, unless it is your intention of having orbiters. If that's the case, then you suck -- JK!Above all, though, just have fun! As a guy who is currently dating after ending a long relationship, I can tell you it's brutal out there -- mostly for a guy. But if you can't just shake it all off, go out and keep plugging away -- just have fun -- then it's not worth it.Happy hunting!And, P.S.: It's not a crap-shoot like this guy here said. If you become a chooser, then you will find who you are looking for because of choice, not to just to settle, or fate, or any other reason.

What Guys Said 3

• if you "look" for someone you will most likely be more disappointed.just let it happen.

• It's mostly a crapshoot...but I can offer you this advice: don't put too much importance on what others think of him. Girls make that mistake all the time.

What Girls Said 2

• You do want to give some guys a chance because who knows if that IS the perfect guy for you? Of course you don't want to just settle for anyone because you're looking for a relationship and you of course should have some certain things that a guy should be or have in order for you to consider them, personally I feel that that should be the only way. I've been single for a while too and I'm looking for a relationship yes I choosey in a sense that I do now want just anyone and for a while no one seemed like they were my type until I met my crush who is almost everything that I'm looking for. You have to give it some time and I'm sure he'll come around but just make sure that you do give some guys an the to get to know you because as they get to know you you get to know them and he could be the perfect guy.

• lol id just be thankful if anyone asked me out haha. Maybe your saying no when you should be saying yes-how do you know if someone is the right one if you don't got out with them?