• Ask
  • myTake

Signs that a shy guy likes you?

Me and a male friend have been talking very often, (a few hours almost every day) and some people say they can see the connection there. Problem is, he's too shy and sometimes I feel like I'm getting mixed signals. Are there any obvious things that a shy guy does when he likes someone?

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

Most Helpful Opinion

• i guess he does make sense, in that if a shy guy doesn't seem interested he'll just take on his reputation and not talk much if at all. again that's probably for most shy men, not all shy men are like that though. I know for me, that even though I'm too shy for my own good that, it would be rude even if you aren't interested to not talk to her, I mean she's at least making an effort to talk to you, ya know?, why be rude to her and not talk back, not only does it not look good to you and her, but she may tell her friends about you (whether its good things or bad things).as far as showing I'm interested, I think I'd just go ahead and flirt the normal way a guy would, in fact I have, being shy doesn't mean you have to be silent all the time, just means when you meet someone new you don't know what to say, right away... this one girl I asked out (who said no...because of a current boyfriend at the time) was easy to talk to after I met her because we had the same interests so I was able to talk more once finding that out.find something common between the two of you and really go into detail about it, it may get him to open up and show he's interested which should lead into other topics, and such...

What Guys Said 4

• If you see him smiling them he probably likes you.

• this is a no brainer, I am a "shy nice guy"I am akward with women I like, but if I am not attracted, I sure as hell won't waste hours at a time trying to be in the company of a woman, I may not have the balls to say what's on my mind, but the fact I want to be near you and talk to you every day for a couple of hours...yea...no question, he wants you, so give him a break and ask HIM out already! or tell him your not interested so he will stop wasting his time and yours, so he can giving his attention to someone who deserves it!P.S. I may be a bit too "direct" but I hate dumb questions, esp when you answered your own question..."Are there any obvious things that a shy guy does when he likes someone?" yea...there is..."Me and a male friend have been talking very often, (a few hours almost every day) and some people say they can see the connection there. what more do ya need for a clue? a kick in the butt? I mean come on..

• Sorry, sometimes we don't see the obvious too. And he could just be talking to me because he doesn't want to be rude or because he's bored. Thanks for the answer anyway.

• uumm well da talkin with you is obvious enough that he likes u. but if you want more then hell probly stare at you a lot or wana help with stuff etc. but it seems obvious that he has a thing for u.

• Well he looks at me a lot, sometimes to make eye contact, sometimes because he doesn't think I'm looking. He smiles a lot at me too, and we're always making weird inside jokes and stuff. Thanks for the answer :)

What Girls Said 0

Be the first girl to share an opinion and earn 1 extra Xper Point!