Do you still beleive that ladies should go first?

You know the 'ladies first' saying. Do you feel that should still be in use today?

please say why you think so or not

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes, but only if if they agree to return the favor.

In other words if women still want to be entitled to special treatment such as this, then they shouldn't also expect full equality in terms of societal standards. Can't have your cake and eat it too. Otherwise you're basically being treated as the superior gender with men as your slaves.

Not that I fully believe in this view or in these exact roles, but just to give you an example of how balance would be between genders, I'll go back in time.

In the 50's the woman got special treatment from her man. Got to go first, gave her his jacket when cold, pulled her seat out for her, gave her money for things, provided a roof over her head, protected her. In return, the women cooked for him, made sure he was sexually satisfied, cleaned the house for him, raised his children. In other words, since we each have our own set of strengths dictated by biology lets use that to scratch each others backs.

In the further past. Women didn't have to go to war, they didn't have to work, they didn't have to build, etc. but in return men were given extra rights, only men could serve in politics, men had private clubs, only men could vote. In other words, men were the work horses who provided for and protected the women and children and as a result we got extra privileges for our sacrifice. Extreme example I know, but I'm just trying to give you a ruff idea of what I'm talking about in terms of balance.

I have don't problem with chivalry and treating women with equal respect, but I feel like today many (not all) women don't feel obligated to return the favor or at the very least appreciate such behavior from men. They just want to free load off men, and manipulate their new found freedom and power to get what they want. They want what men have without the same sacrifices. "I'm a women so you're supposed to do and give me things". If you want the same job opportunities, the same pay, the same sexual freedoms, the same legal rights, etc. that's fine, just you better be prepared to enlist for the draft, work the same hours we do with no maternity leave, work the same labor intensive jobs we do, give your money to us when we need it like we do, open doors for us when we need it, take US on a date on occasion, and start doing many of the other things that are still currently a bit one sided in my opinion.

Again not all women are like this, but the population of women who just feel entitled to such special treatment without making any sacrifices or showing appreciation for it, is growing at a staggering rate. Don't expect me to do things for you and love you if you won't do the same back because you feel you are simply entitled to my love and sacrifice soly because you are women. If I'm not the king, then you are not the queen.