Why am I always second best?

I'm a 20 yr. Old virgin that have not had any luck with the guys. It seem to me I always get put on the back burner. I don't understand I'm attractive, funny, smart, going to college and still guys don't take me seriously. I've been let down and hurt so bad by a lot of fellows my self esteem is so low it's pathetic. So I figure I would grow a back bone by doing body exercise but I don't have enough courage to get the body I really want. Every time I talk to a boy I always get put on a back burner for another girl. It's just not fair how do I change this pattern? And how do I become a better me?

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

Most Helpful Opinion

• Maybe they can sense your low self esteem and take advantage of it. Guys are less likely to treat you like that when you carry yourself respect and don't put up with less than you deserve. Even if a guy does something bad 1 time, don't just let it slide, address the situation and stand your ground. If you don't I've learned that they will take an inch and run a mile with it. Guys decide very early how they will treat you. Being pretty, funny, smart, etc. doesn't matter to guys who only care about sex anyway.

• Thank's for the advice. I need to be more aggressive more.Honestly I be scared to put my foot down risking I can lose friendship with these guys.

• Oh don't be. I've found that by putting your foot down people will respect and like you MORE. Guys can tell if you are too submissive and while it's something they take advantage of, they don't really respect it. You might get tested on certain things just to see how far you'll actually go (in general) but if that person means well they won't stop being friends with you just because you won't let them run all over you. :)

What Guys Said 1

• First off, don't think in terms of, 'becoming a better me'. Why don't guys take you seriously? You're probably doing something that's putting you on the backburner, you need to ask your friends and even strangers what that might be.

• That's what I'm doing.

• The strangers need to be asked IN person.

What Girls Said 0