What does 'talking' mean?

I see all the time questions where people say my ex is jealous of the guy I'm talking to, I am talking with this new guy. I get the feeling it means more then just talking, like the person your talking to is the person your dating, or flirting with. Is this new slang? and if so, what exactly does it mean?

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000 characters

What Guys Said 0

Be the first guy to share opinion!

Earn 1 extra Xper Point for being the first!!

What Girls Said 1

• The term "talking" is not new slang at all! When people say they are "talking" to someone it means just that but in a going on dates in a potential boyfriend/girlfriend type of way. It means you're getting to know each other and hanging out and if you do that of course you're flirting! Most use the term dating as being a boyfriend or girlfriend, not going on dates unless they say I'm "dating around".

• I'd say the term "talking" has been around for at least 15 years because my sister used to use the term and she's now 32