What happens during an exorcism?

I watch "Al Rojo Vivo" and "Al Extremo" and I've seen a few others online, including(well heard) the one of Anneliese Michel(which sounds horrific btw).

What physically happens to the person during an exorcism? Why do they scream and yell and shake? I don't get it...

I personally don't believe in God, heaven, hell or demons...

are these people mentally ill and an exorcism just causes them to react to whatever disorder they have?

Most Helpful Guy

• If you really want to know the truth of it all, buy and read "Hostage to the Devil" by Malachi Martin. You won't be able to put it down.

• Haha, thanks for the tip lol :P

• ; - )

GAG Video of the Day

How To Become A Morning Person

What Guys Said 15

• Soo...if I start rapping gibberish while dancing with no rhythm , am I possessed? if I crawl up a staircase while speaking Latin, is satan in me?

I doubt a lot of things when it comes to religions but I respect all of them if it teaches people to be kind/decent individuals. I don't believe in exorcism, this religion thing gets way out sometimes.

I think they do abuse mentally ill people , if this true , its really sad.

• The case of Anneliese Michel, the one that The Exorcism of Emily Rose was based off of, was debunked long before it was made into a movie. The priest who the movie made to be the self-sacrificing hero of the story was, in reality, a very mentally deranged man who denied her food and water for days, and that was how she died. Least according to what I've read.

• I believe they are mentally Ill. I also do not believe in the devil and demons (although love the mythology)

• I think they might have a mental disorder and they themselves believe they are possessed so when they see a bible, cross or hear some verses they react accordingly

Exorcisms happen all around the world and different religious people claim to see different things and those preachers all call on a different god to take the spirit out. my uncle was apparently possessed and a Hindu priest took it out of him(didn't help that he was on drugs, jobless and isolated himself from everybody)

• Nothing happens.

• Why do they scream then?

• If I had an idiot above me preaching to me thinking he's helping me when he's actually being an a**hole, I'd be screaming to.

This is an interesting case where one mentally impaired person is trying to treat another mentally impaired person. It really is funny! But then again so is society in general.

• lol true

More from Guys
10

What Girls Said 2

• I think they are ill somehow.. and those who fake it are also mentally ill for faking such a crazy act.

• I have no idea and I don't want to find out. I've lived in a haunted house before and I know what I seen with my own eyes and the neighbors and the rest of my family did too so I don't mess with that crap. I do know that anneliese michel created exorcism of emily rose