How do I deal with my ex has reporting me for harassment?

I was notified by the police that I have been reported for harassment. My ex claims that I have sent him unwanted emails and text messages from the beginning of October until today. This is hilarious since he was in contact with me until middle of October. Then he suddenly disappeared. Yes, I did try to get in touch but never sent anything threatening, mean or rude. It also wasn't excessive in number.

A few days ago I found out that he has a girlfriend and that that's why he's been ignoring me. He also told the police that I supposedly contacted his girlfriend which is a complete lie. I have told the police. I think they're aware how ridiculous this whole thing is because they don't sound like they take it very seriously, mainly just told me to stop sending him emails.

This guy is in his 30s. He suddenly disappeared instead of telling me that he had a new girlfriend and wanted no contact. I was worried about him, so I sent him messages. I wish I hadn't, but that's hardly harassing someone. He never said "stop sending me messages". When I found out he was seeing someone a week ago I told him he could have told me that that's why he decided to talk. As then I wouldn't have worried about him. His response was going to the police and file a report. And not only that, but he lied about me having contacting his girlfriend (don't even have her contact info) and about the time since when I supposedly harass him. I assume he is doing this to prove something to this new girl. I'm not sure what. What a sad loser.

I'm considering pressing charges against him since he is lying. But then I can't really be bothered. But it does annoy me that he spreads lies about me. It also bothers me that while the police doesn't seem to take him very seriously, they chose to send me this "cease and desist" kind of email.

I am utterly disgusted with this human being. I actually googled this and it seems I'm not the only one who's had something like this happen! So many sad people out there.

Most Helpful Guy