Girls can you sense if someone dangerous/ a sexual predator is near you?

I went to the mall with my friends today and we all got this awful feeling that a really scary person was by us. We felt extremely warm, the back of our necks tingled, the hair on our body stood up, we started looking around nervously, we felt sick to our stomach...etc. we sat down in starbucks and this REALLY scary creepy looking guy was STARING AT US for honestly 2 minutes like he wanted to rape/kill us. He was in his 60s and honestly looked like be could be a pedophile/rapist. We immediately left and the feeling went away. It then returned and less than half a minute later another creepy looking older Guy was leering at us like we were pieces of meat and checking us out. I'm not saying we have super human powers or anything but do you think people can sense when there's a bad person by them?

TO EVERYONE SAYING IM BEING PREJUDICED OR LYING, LEAVE. I don't know any of you, and don't care what you think about me. I asked this question to gain insight from other GIRLS or helpful, non antagonizing guys. To all the guys who are being rude and sexist, STOP! Do you know what it even feels like to be raped/almost raped. Well I do so just stop. And all who are bringing up irrelevant topics, please stick to the question of whether or not you've ever had bad feelings or vibes about someone.

Most Helpful Guy

• Look, I'm not a super spiritual person. However, I've seen enough weird things to know that intuition counts for something. Follow your gut instinct. You have that feeling for a reason. Especially since you're a girl. Trust that feeling.

• Thank you a sensible helpful answer.

• resone to panic...its a small world! a stadium fills 100,000 people

• There's still a chance it could be you, me, or anyone.

GAG Video of the Day

Would you date someone younger/older/married?

What Guys Said 27

• If female intuition was useful, they'd make up the majority of investment bankers.

• .

IMHO you're frightening yourself with urban legends and myths, old wives tales

Some statistics from RAINN.org :

I quote:

The Rapist isn't a Masked Stranger

Approximately 2/3 of rapes were committed by someone known to the victim.

73% of sexual assaults were perpetrated by a non-stranger.

38% of rapists are a friend or acquaintance.

28% are an intimate.

7% are a relative.

He's not Hiding in the Bushes

More than 50% of all rape/sexual assault incidents were reported by victims to have occured within one mile of their home or at their home.

4 in 10 take place at the victim's home.

2 in 10 take place at the home of a friend, neighbor, or relative.

1 in 12 take place in a parking garage.

43% of rapes occur between 6:00pm and midnight.

24% occur between midnight and 6:00am.

The other 33% take place between 6:00am and 6:00pm.

The Criminal

The average age of a rapist is 31 years old.

52% are white.

22% of imprisoned rapists report that they are married.

Juveniles accounted for 16% of forcible rape arrestees in 1995 and 17% of those arrested for other sex offenses.

In one in 3 sexual assaults, the perpetrator was intoxicated — 30% with alcohol, 4% with drugs.

In 2001, 11% of rapes involved the use of a weapon — 3% used a gun, 6% used a knife, and 2 % used another form of weapon.

84% of victims reported the use of physical force only.

End of quote

Read more here: link

.

• Just because a lot of rapists are known to their victim, doesn't mean there aren't strangers who rape. According to rapetraumaservices.org, 683,000 RECORDED rapes occur in the us ALONE. Which is a civilized country might I add. So if only a small percentage are strangers, thers still thousands of rape incidents that occur from strangers.

• Update: did you have bad vibes or were you actually raped by that man?

• I had bad vibes and that is the topic of the question. However you pulled one small thing from it and made it into an over dramatic accusation

• The problem with philapenn answer and this 'female intuition" that I agree females see to have, its wrong 100x for every 1x its right.

Girls are meant to be overally cautious because they lack the physical, mental, and emotional strength to defend themselves effectively and they know it. It's a defense mechanism put in place to compensate for their inherent weakness. By the way, I mean no disrespect with what I just said. Just stating a fact.

Same reason women are generally not allowed in combat roles in the military. They don't have the physical and emotional strength to handle combat, hence they're very skiddish.

• While I agree that you are right about the physical strength... Yes women are more emotional but while girls may attempt suicide more often guys are four times more likely to go through with it. I think it's safe to say that there are women who are mentally strong. And while sometimes it may be wrong, every time I've gotten a feeling and something happened to prove it righ for wrong it has always been right. Is rather risk offending someone than avoiding a dangerous situation

• ew pedo alert.

• I know! That's why I was creeped out!

• Yes, I've gotten bad vibes from girls and guys before.

Guys generally in a bad mood. Dealt with it before by trying to be nice. Which mostly doesn't work because it pisses them off further since I'm trying to be cool with them and they only fume up more like I'm a butt-kisser to them.

So my new soltuion is this: I tell the guy to shut the f*ck up and go away. They don't listen and they get worse. So I repeat myself until they do it, and it works.

Girls giving me bad vibes - usually happens when I'm with a girl friend. We're having a good convo when 2-3 girls come around us. Go figure - they always do this crap. So I either start whispering to the girl friend or I pause the convo and wait for the stalkers to leave. If I don't invite them into the convo, they're just not part of it. Too bad.

Anyway, about you - yes. Your senses are spot on. My friend Sabrina and I were at a bar chatting once when she brought up 2 creepy guys checking her out. She was right, because they did some stupid approach on her a few minutes later to which I told her how to act when they come around. One of them said more stupid sh*t to her, so I dismissed him and he left. Ugly older guy in his 40s with shaggy hair.

So yeah, girls got it bad. If you have the looks, you'll be checked out anytime you're out in public. But that gives her no reason to be worried because the ugly male ducklings should know better.

• Haha thank you this is another really good answer

• Maybe he has memory loss and thought you were his kids or some long lost (forgotten) friend.

I would say yes if it was only one out of the group, but for all to have the same feeling of warmth and feeling sick to your stomach I would think food poisoning.

• It wen away within one minute of leaving

• Maybe you were standing under a heat vent!

• 1. I wasn't the ceilings are stories high 2. That wouldn't make me feel sick and make me nervous 3. Everyone else I was with felt it

More from Guys
22

What Girls Said 2

• you should read the book "the gift of fear" and while I do believe you are being an overly dramatic teenage girl I also do think people(especially imo women) have a 6th sense about people they shouldn't ignore but often times do because they are trying too hard to be "nice".

• I'm not being overdramatic I was honestly scared... But I agree with the second part and thanks ill look into the book

• Well there's no way of knowing for sure unless something bad does happen, so I don't know :P But if I get those vibes from someone, I listen to them; it's not like it hurts anyone to avoid someone who's staring at you.

Someone I actually trusted a lot ended up being dangerous. Wouldn't have ever sensed it.

• Thank you for another sensible helpful answer

• Jeez what a rush of obnoxious people telling you that your feelings are invalid. Newsflash: being raped is worse than someone avoiding you because you make them uncomfortable. Funny how, if something bad HAD happened, people would be asking you why you weren't more careful.

• Exactly my point! I get 19 answers from guys when it says GIRLS. And is rather be safe than sorry and offend someone than be raped. And I know, those same guys would say "you dumb b!tch you shouldn't have dressed like that/been out at night/been more careful"