Girlfriend too distant?

Hey everyone, I am in a relationship now and it's really doing great. We see each other pretty often and I have no doubt that she has feelings for... Show More

Most Helpful Guy

• wow, good question. Thank you for the detail. Sounds like you want her to be as proud of having you as boyfriend as you are to have her (though it does not say if you are technically bf/gf. Does her profile on facebook say that she is "in a relationship" or "in a relationship with you"? That is the first question. Why are you looking at the interactions between her and her friends? I know it pops up on your "quick view' when you log in, but you should avoid "checking up on her". You do sound like you need to let go a little though. Make sure you give her enough space to actually "miss you". When you crowd someone in a relationship, they will seek any opportunity to get away from you for a little bit. If you are ALWAYS around, she may feel smothered (in which case, you won't have a girlfriend for long). Relax, make more "guys nights out" and post your pics on your facebook. Let her see the good time you can have without her, and she may start wanting to do more things with you. If she feels that you always latch on to her good times, she may seek more alone time. Does this make sense?

Asker upvoted
    • We are marked as in a relationship with each other on FB, but I initiated it. I know that with my ex, I was being too clingy because she wanted me to be around and it was my first relationship, so I started being always around and it became too much I guess. I'm trying to give my new girlfriend some space but like you said, I would just like her to show more signs that she is proud to be with me. I do not have that many guy friends, I pretty much have one best friend and that's all lol

• Show Older
    • Yeah but I hate playing games lol. I'm a guy who usually focus way more attention on his couple than his friendships, I don't need to see my friends all the time, but I do need to see my girlfriend as often as possible. That's the way I am, and I would like us to be comfortable enough that I can be that way without her thinking that I'm a loser just because she's my priority. I kind of trusted my ex on this and in the end when she broke up I felt like I wasn't worth anything so I hate this...

• Let me put it this way. would you be happier to see her if she hung out with you once week than you would be if she never left? The answer is yes, because you would FINALLY be spending time with her. You are not playing games by making yourself scarce, you're increasing the demand. No one wants to pet a dog that never leaves them alone. in a nut shell: if she feels you're too clingy, she won't even be your girlfriend for long. Everyone loves some space, you may need less than others, but she is not you