He cut off ALL contact with me!!! He's my best friend.

We've been best friends since 5 months. Saw each other everyday.. went out everyday for lunch and dinner. Knew each others secrets and weaknesses. Talked for hours on the phone, sometimes till 3-4 in the morning.

But suddenly one day he decides to start behaving rudely and starts ignoring me... I get upset, I cry, I confront him... He tells me it's because of college exam stress and says there's nothing wrong. So I leave him alone till the exams get over.

So exams over. He goes to his hometown. That was one week ago. No text. No call. He didn't say goodbye when he left.

:'(

Okay one thing I'd like to mention... may be it's relevant... I started seeing other guys, some of them his friends and he got really upset saying I shouldn't be getting so close to his friends.
We had a talk on 'relationships' some time back and he said he doesn't believe in girlfriends! he said they're just to show off to friends and to put an arm around at his age(18).. he'd rather have a special friend. So I don't know what he expected of me

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

What Guys Said 1

• This guy really really wanted to be more than just friends with you. Like...a lot. The problem was he didn't make a move in time and it crushed him when you started seeing other guys. Some guys are just slow about that kind of stuff, and instead of seeming weak in your eyes, he pushed off the non-contact on other things like exam stress rather than admit that he liked you. He's probably brooding in his own self-pity right now, so as his friend, make an effort now to reach out to him knowing that he likes you, but be real with him and tell him what's up. He'll appreciate it in the long run.

What Girls Said 1

• He's probably angry and afraid that you're drifting away and beginning to value your friendships with his friends more than your friendship with him. It sucks to feel like you're losing your friend, especially when you two were as close as you say you were. You say that he got upset. Perhaps that's the reason he's being distant; he doesn't feel like you're respecting his feelings by doing something that you know clearly hurts him.

If it really matters to you (and I'm sure it does), I would call him instead of waiting for him to call. It sounds silly, but taking initiative in your friendships shows that you care, and you're not just leaving all the work up to him.