Do guys really like curvy girls better than really uber skinny girls?

I am UBER curvy, my guy friend are all saying its a GREAT thing. I used to be uber skinny, and then I got bigger body parts. :D

I really just want to know if it's okay that I'm uber curvy now. I'm definitely not fat. Or even close to it. I'm just not a stick anymore. Also I'm rather short so I'm like a curvy kid. I was with a guy once and his buddies ask him why he was carting around a little kid until I look up form under my baseball cap, and took off my jacket. Then After I left his friend told him that I was really hot. Even for a short girl.

It's not the short part that I have a problem with. Though someday I do. I find that most guys like it when a girl is shorter than them. And that's good because I love it when a guy it taller than me. But ti's the curvs. I've noticed that I get more attention from Ethnic men as well. I'm so lost. Can someone point me in the direction of the answer to my question..

Most Helpful Girl

• The answer to this is you cannot lump all guys into a category. Some guys like very thin girls, some like very thick girls. A lot of guys like a range of figures. Same with height. I know some guys that love very tall girls because they like dating girls that look like models and they don't care that the girl is taller than them. Many guys prefer a girl slightly shorter than them. And add to that some guys are bigger on the face than the body or the body than the face, some really focus on a certain body part such as breasts or the butt.

In the end our looks are just a starting point of attraction and for the most part we cannot change our looks though I am guessing you are wondering if you should lose weight or not. But, you have to decide what you like, what works for you and really enjoy your own specific look and rock it! Oh, also if you are asking this question as a way of wondering how to attract guys, a little secret is that you could be the most beautiful shapely gal around but if you are uncomfortable with making eye contact, smiling and talking to guys, you won't get the guy. I personally have noticed that approachability is just as important if not more than any certain look.

GAG Video of the Day

GirlsAskGuys on the streets of Chicago!

What Guys Said 10

• It's been said lots of times here already, but it's true: it really does vary from guy to guy.

I guess I'm a moderate, since I'm a little turned off by extremely voluptuous women and also by the stick-figure runway-model look. But I definitely have some male friends who like the skinny look and others who like lots of curves.

Curvy vs. slim is kind of like breast size, I think. For some guys, a huge pair of boobs is really important. For some, it's not a big deal and some even think a D-cup is a turn-off.

• I like curvey girls better... not sure why, but it is just the most attractive. I know some guys like sticks, but I would be willing to bet that at least 50% of the population will go for you over a stick girl... so don't sweat it.

• Just gotta look healthy and curves are healthy as well as sexy ;D

A big factor above that though is preference,

For example, I absolutely would never date someone who was absolutely uber skinny because I think it's disgusting and unnatural. I would not like to date someone who was overweight either but they would have more chances at the end of the world ;P

The ethnic thing is a bit weird too because I kinda understand, but what ethnicity do you mean?

Me and my girlfriend recently went to Barcalona and she is curvy which I love, she is in the top half of healthy weight but BMI does not take into account those 36GGs, anyway, over here she would occasionally get upanddowned by people who I later want to kill, in Spain however, I felt like nuking the place because everywhere we went she had eyes on her. I hated them all :P

So if you'd like the attention for your curves then go to spain or around the mediterranean or maybe a latin country ;P

• What could possibly be wrong with curvy?! It's definitely okay, not even a question. The guys who are into totally skinny girls can go gnaw on bones all they like, that just leaves the best for the rest of us! In this case your guy friends are totally on target. Just watch out for them all hitting on you at once... :)

Reading about "Waist-hip ratio" as a measure of attractiveness on Wikipedia might help convince you.

• if you have a nice curvy bum and other shapely parts I'll date you. I like a girl that's curvy more than realy skinny (altho there's nothing wrong with being skinny as long as you don't puke after meals or just don't eat) so I do like curvy girls.

More from Guys
5

What Girls Said 7

• It depends on the guy.

However, it doesn't really matter when it comes down to it. I'm curvy too--like it or not, that's how I'm built. I could try to change it, but it wouldn't look right. I don't expect all guys to like me because I'm curvy, and I don't expect no guys to like me because I'm not slim and slender. You can't appeal to everyone, but you will appeal to someone, so just be happy as you are.

• HOW DID YOU GAIN WEIGHT TELL ME UR SECRETZ -girl suffering from the skinny girl curse

• Both are beautiful

• it just depends on the guys...just like different girls have different preferences for a guy's build. I like thick, toned guys and some girls like skinny guys or BUFF guys

• guys love da curves :)

More from Girls
2